ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cgohil

Tier 1 Dependent

Post by cgohil » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:25 am

Dear All,

I have a quick question on Dependent Visa application

1. I might move to Uk in month of Jan- I have read the dependent guideline that if u are in UK <12 month then u have to show 800+ 1600(Dependent) pound. I have a question here after landing in UK do I need to show 2800 + 1600 pound or 800 +1600 pound as I just landed in UK.

Practically as per guideline I have to show 800+1600 pound,

can anybody help what is the exact amount to be shown for dependent visa.

2. Is there any visa cap for dependent visa for each month.

thnx

bethnalblue

Re: Tier 1 Dependent

Post by bethnalblue » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:52 am

cgohil wrote:Dear All,

I have a quick question on Dependent Visa application

1. I might move to Uk in month of Jan- I have read the dependent guideline that if u are in UK <12 month then u have to show 800+ 1600(Dependent) pound. I have a question here after landing in UK do I need to show 2800 + 1600 pound or 800 +1600 pound as I just landed in UK.

Practically as per guideline I have to show 800+1600 pound,

can anybody help what is the exact amount to be shown for dependent visa.

2. Is there any visa cap for dependent visa for each month.

thnx
The figures will depend on the basis of application made in the UK or outside the UK.

cgohil

Post by cgohil » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:17 am

I am refering the Dependent guideline doc...it says if main application is in UK<12 months then show 800 + 1600 GBP.

My dependent ofcourse will apply from outside UK.

bethnalblue

Post by bethnalblue » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:34 am

cgohil wrote:I am refering the Dependent guideline doc...it says if main application is in UK<12 months then show 800 + 1600 GBP.

In your case its 800+1600 which means you should maintain a total of £2400 for last 3 mnths.

cgohil

Post by cgohil » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:22 am

bethnalblue wrote:
cgohil wrote:I am refering the Dependent guideline doc...it says if main application is in UK<12 months then show 800 + 1600 GBP.

In your case its 800+1600 which means you should maintain a total of £2400 for last 3 mnths.
My actual doubt is I will be landing in first week of Jan and can I immidiately apply for Dependent visa with 2400 Pound. I am worried that case worked will think that why I have applied immidately after landin in UK

any update ...as I am not sure when to apply..I have sufficient fund if I go by within UK rule otherwise I have to wait till Feb.

c

cgohil

Post by cgohil » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:54 pm

Any thoughts ...

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:26 pm

If the rules are clear, why do you doubt youself?

Once inside UK, how many days in UK should not be a concern to the Visa Officer.

Please do not self doubt the clearly defined rules!
Thanks,
Sumit.

cgohil

Post by cgohil » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:20 pm

neosumit wrote:If the rules are clear, why do you doubt youself?

Once inside UK, how many days in UK should not be a concern to the Visa Officer.

In such case if I just arrived in UK in first week of Jan -
Then Do I have to show maintanace fund in My UK bank account or I can show the amount in my India bank.

Also Do I need to show my salary slip of UK or I can show my last 3 months india salary.

c

talentedWE

Post by talentedWE » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:01 pm

cgohil wrote:

Then Do I have to show maintanace fund in My UK bank account or I can show the amount in my India bank.

Also Do I need to show my salary slip of UK or I can show my last 3 months india salary.

c
Since you wont be in UK for 3 months so your bank can't issue statement for 3 months. Better you apply dependent visa right away before leaving for UK and show your indian bank statement as proof. or wait till april when you complete your 3 months. There is no cap on dependent visa.

cgohil

Post by cgohil » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:14 pm

Thank you for reply, I wanted to know if applicant is in UK then main applicant has to provide Uk bank statement or he can show Indian bank statement for maintanance fund....

I need to know whether it will create any problem if I show my indian bank account for maintanance fund.

c

maximux79

Post by maximux79 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:28 pm

I think It depends on case by case basis, If you would have stayed more than 3imonths in UK, ofcourse one should show UK bank account, as there's a possibility to show 3 months statement. If one have been less than 3 months, then there's no possibility that one can show 3 months UK bank statement...

So, its better to apply dependent VISA before you come to UK.
cgohil wrote:Thank you for reply, I wanted to know if applicant is in UK then main applicant has to provide Uk bank statement or he can show Indian bank statement for maintanance fund....

I need to know whether it will create any problem if I show my indian bank account for maintanance fund.

c

Sowmya
Newly Registered

Post by Sowmya » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:13 am

Hi
I have one more question on dependent visa.

Regarding the maintainance fund, currently including myself i have 3.8lacs as savings from which i can apply only for one dependent apart from me. But i have 2 dependents and hence there is no sufficient fund to apply for my other dependent.
Here is what i'm think, please correct me if i can do this.
I will apply for one dependent now and get the visa stamped for him. After a month i'm thinking to apply for another dependent with showing same savings which 3.8lacs. Can i do this? or Is it madatory to have 3.8 lacs + 1.3 lacs to have as savings when i apply for 2nd dependent after 1 get 1st dependent visa.
Please adivce.

Thanks
Sowmya

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:03 am

cgohil wrote:

c
An applicant can maintain the funds in any bank account in the world.

Does the guidance mentions that you need to show the money in the 'country of application'?

I think you need the read the guidance and check for yourself.
In your case, you can apply for dependent with any bank account anywhere as long as you hold 2400 GBP.
Thanks,
Sumit.

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:19 am

Sowmya wrote:Hi

Regarding the maintainance fund, currently including myself i have 3.8lacs as savings from which i can apply only for one dependent apart from me. But i have 2 dependents and hence there is no sufficient fund to apply for my other dependent.
I will apply for one dependent now and get the visa stamped for him. After a month i'm thinking to apply for another dependent with showing same savings which 3.8lacs. Can i do this? or Is it madatory to have 3.8 lacs + 1.3 lacs to have as savings when i apply for 2nd dependent after 1 get 1st dependent visa.
Please adivce.

Thanks
Sowmya
After reading the guidance number of times, I find no mention of invalidity of using the same funds to apply for dependents after main applicant has secured the Visa.

It should not be a problem really.

But I think since not many people do it, consult a professional in this case and get this particular query resolved!
Thanks,
Sumit.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:31 am

I don't agree with the advice given in this instance. I will first give my view on the matter and then quote from the guidance.

I am not sure about the likelihood of the UKBA verifying the information and documentation provided with your first and second dependent's applications. So it's possible that you might get away with this...or not.

The guidance does not explicitly state that you cannot use the same statement over and over and over for all your dependents. However, it does state that you need a specific amount for EACH dependent. What you are trying to do here does not prove that you have a specific amount for each dependent - you want to use the same amount for both.

You have to have the specified amount for each dependent, not just a bank statement for each. Basically what you are trying is to hide facts from the UKBA by submitting your application in a staggered means. In my view that could constitute as deception.

I am not sure whether or not they keep documents on file (or electronically) of your main application and dependent applications, but surely if you apply for two dependents a month apart, they might smell a rat.

I would strongly advise against this.

Here is what the guidance states:
44. If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family.
Even based on the guidance, it puts more doubt in my mind whether with your last dependents application they will want to see the FULL amount for yourself plus two dependents or just enough for yourself plus a dependent - but if they already have a dependent on your visa, I would imagine that they could ask to see the full amount.

Maybe someone else can add their two pence worth.
neosumit wrote:
Sowmya wrote:Hi

Please adivce.

Thanks
Sowmya
After reading the guidance number of times, I find no mention of invalidity of using the same funds to apply for dependents after main applicant has secured the Visa.

It should not be a problem really.

But I think since not many people do it, consult a professional in this case and get this particular query resolved!

Sowmya
Newly Registered

Post by Sowmya » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:55 am

Thanks both!

I just clarify from the VFS helpline. They say that...they will check the fund maintaince for the main applicant plus the depent applicant at that particular time and at that particular dependent. So that clarifies that we can use the same fund for the 2nd dependent.

But as suggested above i'm thinking not to do this which might increase the chance of rejection for my second dependent.

if anyone as done this before please let me know.

-Sowmya