ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration for family members

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

INH
Newly Registered

Post by INH » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi,
My wife has been issued with Spouse visa of 27 months, valid from NOV 10 - FEB13, but she cant travel until the birth of our child, shes expecting any week so no way around that, Who do i contact to make them aware of my situation? after delivery i than have to submit paper work for childs Right of Abode or British Passport adding more time before she can actually travel, Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:22 pm

If she can come into the UK within 3 months of the visa being issued ( say before 1st February 2011 if visa was issued on 1st Nov 2010) then she she should have no problem as she would be able to complete 24 months residency in UK in order to qualify for ILR. ( this 3 months is a leeway if for any reason some people cant fly into UK straightaway after visa is issued. That is why a 27 months visa is issued whereas before it was 24 months)

If she delays it for more than 3 months or more because she has to apply for teh childs visa or passport, then she has to apply for FLR first ( Further leave to Remain - to make up the 24 months) before she can apply for ILR. It will just cost you an extra £500 or so that is all.

Hope that answers your query

INH
Newly Registered

Post by INH » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:28 pm

Thanks for that, my main concern is will she have any trouble gettting through Immigration in UK if she was to come after 3 months, say after 4 months, im not sure how long it will take for my child to get Right of Abode issued on Pakistani passport, if they take their time as they do in all visa cases will she be refused entry or anything? i dont mind paying extra b4 applying for ILR, main thing is getting her in the country. Do i have to let Home office know b4 hand that she will be getting into the country late? Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:05 pm

One may travel to UK anytime during the validity of the visa.

regards

INH
Newly Registered

Post by INH » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:10 pm

Thanks for that, very helpful.

batleykhan

Re: Immigration for family members

Post by batleykhan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:26 pm

INH wrote:Thanks for that, my main concern is will she have any trouble gettting through Immigration in UK if she was to come after 3 months, say after 4 months, im not sure how long it will take for my child to get Right of Abode issued on Pakistani passport, if they take their time as they do in all visa cases will she be refused entry or anything? i dont mind paying extra b4 applying for ILR, main thing is getting her in the country. Do i have to let Home office know b4 hand that she will be getting into the country late? Thanks
You dont have to inform anyone whenever she deicdes to come in. Like Sushmeta says she can come in anytime during the validity of the visa. Its just the extra cost that you have to pay for FLR if she delays it more than 3 months. If its within 3 months then there is no problem when applying for ILR.

INH
Newly Registered

Post by INH » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:28 pm

Thank u, i understand it now.