ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying For Tier1 G in Jan 2011

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vishnusap
Newly Registered

Applying For Tier1 G in Jan 2011

Post by Vishnusap » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:24 pm

Hi All,

1. Could you please share your thoughts on chances of getting visa if i apply in Jan 2011? I cant apply before due to maintainance funds.

2. Is there any impact on new application now bcz of rejection in 2005?

Thanks
Vishnu.

cxrmike

Re: Applying For Tier1 G in Jan 2011

Post by cxrmike » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:29 pm

Vishnusap wrote:Hi All,

1. Could you please share your thoughts on chances of getting visa if i apply in Jan 2011? I cant apply before due to maintainance funds.

Thanks
Vishnu.
me too..
applying in the first week of Jan 2011.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:37 pm

If applying from outside the UK - if your application is approved before the total limit is exhausted (1200 / 1800 visas - depending on when you apply in January), you'll be issued a leave to enter(visa). Else, a refusal.

If applying from within the UK - if the application is approved before 01-April-2011 you'll be issued leave to remain. If not, reading this topic should help.

Earlier refusal may or may not affect an application, depending on the reasons(s) of refusal!

regards

dev106
BANNED

Post by dev106 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:38 pm

what if some one apply for tier-1(general) in march 2011, and even after a month( i mean after 1st april 2011) if his/her application is under processing, then what does that mean????will they consider the application based on old rules or new rules???

MattDell

Post by MattDell » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:47 pm

dev106 wrote:what if some one apply for tier-1(general) in march 2011, and even after a month( i mean after 1st april 2011) if his/her application is under processing, then what does that mean????will they consider the application based on old rules or new rules???
New rules.

And if you're applying in March, it will be next to impossible to get a Tier 1 (General).

new_to_it_all

Post by new_to_it_all » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:28 pm

New rules.

And if you're applying in March, it will be next to impossible to get a Tier 1 (General).[/quote]

So does that mean you will lose the application fee? If there is zero chance of getting a visa after April and applications are still encouraged then this is a potential money spinner for UK Govt.

MattDell

Post by MattDell » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:42 pm

new_to_it_all wrote:So does that mean you will lose the application fee? If there is zero chance of getting a visa after April and applications are still encouraged then this is a potential money spinner for UK Govt.
Yes, you will lose the application fee.

It's quite a terrible thought that they will still take people's money with clearly no possible way of them getting a visa.

Natita

Post by Natita » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:47 am

I think it should be considered under the rules effective at the time where Date of Application falls in, and not the time when they are considering your application.

N.B. Definition of Date of Application in Tier 1(G) Guidance Section 45.
Last edited by Natita on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

rohitys
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rohitys » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:08 am

Vishnusap wrote:
first week of jan shud be a 50-50 chance but beyond that i have my doubts

sharmao
United Kingdom

Post by sharmao » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:31 am

Thanks
Vishnu.
Well Vishnu as other pointed have already pointed out the chances are 50:50 as there might be heavy backlog of applications from December but you can take your changes. In my case the limit for November was exhausted in early november but i got my visa on 1st dec itself having applied on 23rd nov(effective lead time 7 days).

Vishnusap
Newly Registered

Post by Vishnusap » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:13 am

Thanks Guys for all your replies, will take a chance and see.
sharmao wrote:

Thanks
Vishnu.
Well Vishnu as other pointed have already pointed out the chances are 50:50 as there might be heavy backlog of applications from December but you can take your changes. In my case the limit for November was exhausted in early november but i got my visa on 1st dec itself having applied on 23rd nov(effective lead time 7 days).

tier1gnrl

Post by tier1gnrl » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:53 pm

Natita wrote:I think it should be considered under the rules effective at the time where Date of Application falls in, and not the time when they are considering your application.

N.B. Definition of Date of Application in Tier 1(G) Guidance Section 45.
Is this what you referring for applications made in UK or outside UK as well?

Say, If I apply from UK on 15th March 2011, will they consider my application according to the same rules not the new rules?

As when I see on the UK website I see
Waiting times
During the week commencing 6 December 2010, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 15 October 2010. This timescale is only a guideline, and some cases may take longer to consider.
which means even if I apply on 16th March 2011 inside the UK my application wont be considered any earlier that Month of May?

CAN YOU PUT ANY LIGHT ON THIS ONE

Many Thanks,
Ann

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:25 pm

Applications from outside the UK are to be dealt with under a fixed quota (600 visas a month) available until 31-March. If an application is undecided when the total quote (until March 31st) is exhausted, there is no quota to give away visas from - so the date of application is irrelevant.

See also APPLICATIONS STILL UNDECIDED WHEN THE INTERIM PERIOD........

regards

tier1gnrl

Post by tier1gnrl » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:35 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Applications from outside the UK are to be dealt with under a fixed quota (600 visas a month) available until 31-March. If an application is undecided when the total quote (until March 31st) is exhausted, there is no quota to give away visas from - so the date of application is irrelevant.

See also APPLICATIONS STILL UNDECIDED WHEN THE INTERIM PERIOD........

regards
I understand what is mentioned above.

My Point here is are the APPLICATIONS GOING TO BE UNDECIDED IF I APPLY FOR THE SAME ON 13TH MARCH 2011 IN THE UK.

ITS NOT VERY CLEAR, AS THE WAITING TIMES LINK IN UKBA WEBSITE SAYS THAT ON WEEK COMMENCING 6TH DEC THEY ARE CONSIDERING APPLICATIONS FROM 15TH OCTOBER.

ASSUMING ON THE CURRENT SITUATION ON 13TH MARCH 2011 THEY WILL OR MIGHT CONSIDER APPLICATIONS OF THE JANUARY OR FEBRUARY MONTH..

I UNDERSTAND ITS AN ASSUMPTION

BUT WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT IT!

THANKS AND REGARDS IN ADVANCE..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:51 pm

tier1gnrl, please don't shout.

regards

tier1gnrl

Post by tier1gnrl » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:00 pm

sushdmehta wrote:tier1gnrl, please don't shout.

regards
My intentions were not meant to shout.. I was not very well aware that Writing in CAPITAL UPPERCASE meant Shouting!

Anyway, my query here is

I understand what is mentioned above.

My Point here is,

are the applications going to be decided if I apply for the same on the 13th of March 2011 in the UK.

Its not very clear, as the waiting times link in UKBA WEBSITE says that on week commencing 6th Dec they are considering applications of 15th Oct

ASSUMING ON THE CURRENT SITUATION if I say @ON 13TH MARCH 2011 THEY WILL OR MIGHT CONSIDER APPLICATIONS OF THE JANUARY OR FEBRUARY MONTH..

I understand its just an assumption

Just wanted to have your say and views about the same above..

THANKS AND REGARDS IN ADVANCE..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:03 pm

tier1gnrl wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:tier1gnrl, please don't shout.

regards
My intentions were not meant to shout.. I was not very well aware that Writing in CAPITAL UPPERCASE meant Shouting!
Despite being advised and subsequently becoming aware, you are still doing the same!

:shock:
regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:09 pm

As per inoformation available as on date - From April 2011, Tier 1 (General) route will be closed - essentially meaning that no new applicants will be issued leave to enter / remain in the UK.

Unless UKBA publishes, to the contrary, that all applications submitted within the UK before 01-April-2011 will be issued a leave to remain! The devil lies in details, which UKBA is yet to publish.

For overseas applicants - the information is less ambiguous - as and when the total quota is exhausted, the remaining applicants will be refused. Unless UKBA announces additional quota beyond April 2011 for applications already submitted before and undecided until 01-April-2011.

regards

tier1gnrl

Post by tier1gnrl » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:33 pm

Excellent! This gives me a much better idea then.

I honestly had no intentions to shout.
There are too many things going on in my mind so just to emphasize on the question I used Capitals. Otherwise not!

Many Thanks though you are doing a Great Job.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:51 pm

Reading this post may be useful.

regards