ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for ILR by post

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Thu May 11, 2006 1:43 pm

Application type We are currently working on applications submitted in
Further Leave to Remain (Marriage) April 2006
Settlement (Marriage) April 2006
Students April 2006
Settlement (Other) April 2006
Further Leave to Remain (Other) March 2006
Indefinite Leave to Remain from Exceptional Leave to Remain December 2005

John do we come under the underlined category?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu May 11, 2006 2:03 pm

No, I would say the one above ..... Settlement (Other)!

But I emphasise .... "We are currently working on applications" .... does not mean that they have necessarily finished their deliberations on applications submitted in earlier months.
John

andhraguy

Post by andhraguy » Thu May 11, 2006 7:55 pm

I was speaking with one of known OISC immigration lawyers . He has posted couple of applications for ILR on March 31st . One guy was completing 4 years ( NOT 28 days to 4 years) in May 2006 , the other guy in June 2006....

Guess what .the May guy was rejected and the June guy was approved for ILR.. before you jump into any conclusions , just want to say that both the applicants credentials are almost the same...

First time i am thinking , are these case workers really a bunch of Jokers ..????

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Thu May 11, 2006 8:20 pm

You mean both the guys were not qualified to apply for ILR by 2nd April??

andhraguy

Post by andhraguy » Thu May 11, 2006 8:21 pm

Kavik wrote:You mean both the guys were not qualified to apply for ILR by 2nd April??
Yes Please.

Kavik, Don't worry mate you will get it :)

andhraguy

Post by andhraguy » Tue May 16, 2006 9:46 pm

Any one out there who got good news back from HO ?

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Tue May 16, 2006 9:51 pm

:( ... no..not yet...

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Wed May 17, 2006 10:02 am

I just called HO today morning.. they are telling that my application is still 'awaiting for consideration'...

I don't know whats happening ....its 7 weeks since I posted my application.

paki_stranger
Newly Registered

Post by paki_stranger » Mon May 22, 2006 6:02 pm

Any good news from any where?

andhraguy

Post by andhraguy » Mon May 22, 2006 7:22 pm

What is HO number to enquire about ILR status??

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Mon May 22, 2006 10:35 pm

andhraguy wrote:What is HO number to enquire about ILR status??
From IND site:
"If you are particularly concerned about the progress of your application, you should telephone 0870 606 7766.
"

supertiger

Post by supertiger » Mon May 22, 2006 11:00 pm

I spoke to a solicitor today was told they have several applications due Jun submitted by 3 Apr are all approved. So I think you should be positive.

sutti
Newly Registered

ILR changes Victim

Post by sutti » Tue May 23, 2006 9:38 am

supertiger wrote:I spoke to a solicitor today was told they have several applications due Jun submitted by 3 Apr are all approved. So I think you should be positive.
I am eligible by may 28th for ILR. Shall I apply now for ILR. Kindly advice me as soon as possible.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue May 23, 2006 1:44 pm

supertiger wrote:I spoke to a solicitor today was told they have several applications due Jun submitted by 3 Apr are all approved. So I think you should be positive.
I still doubt how can it be possible as the applications did not even meet the min 3yrs 11 months requirements...

And also if this is proved then HO will have a hard time dealing with all the applicants who will apply based on some people getting their ILR before their due date and under the old rules....

Maybe some people at the HO may loose their jobs also...... :D

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue May 23, 2006 2:59 pm

olisun wrote:I still doubt how can it be possible as the applications did not even meet the min 3yrs 11 months requirements...
But did they meet that requirement when the application was actually considered by the person looking at the application? I suspect the answer to that might have been yes, on the "4 years in June" application, but no on the "4 years in May" application. After all those May and June dates might have been merely one day apart, or not much more.
John

Ravi1
Newly Registered

Post by Ravi1 » Fri May 26, 2006 9:44 am

Hi All,

Good news :D

I have received my passport back from HO today morning with a stamp on my passport with “Visa Type: Settlement”, and “Indefinite leave to Remain”. Also received the documents I had sent them (but I need to see what exactly they retained).

I had posted in my app on 31st March using Royal Mail Special Delivery and received Acknowledgement on 04th April. So my application has been completed in 8 weeks.

John,
Your suggestion :idea: is working for most of the applicants I guess.

Fortunately I thought quite similar to John and posted my application to try my luck even though I missed old rules by 2 weeks. After posting my application I started looking into websites for the similar cases and found John’s suggestion in this forum and UK Residency. I felt I had a very good chance because I don’t see any other problem in my application.

I believe most of the information is available in this forum for ILR. But I am happy to provide any info if you need any specific / further information.

Best of luck if you too waiting for ILR.

Cheers,
Ravindra.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri May 26, 2006 9:53 am

Ravindra, many congratulations ... glad it all worked out for you. :D
John

V4VENDETTA
Newly Registered

Confirmation of Application!

Post by V4VENDETTA » Tue May 30, 2006 1:15 pm

Hi,

With regards to a postal ILR application. Do we receive anything in the post to confirm that our application has been received and is being considered, or is the fact that your cheque is banked confirmation that your application has been received?

pluto
Newly Registered

Post by pluto » Tue May 30, 2006 2:16 pm

May I ask- Do you know any one who get IRL but sent application after 3rd April and will only complete 3 years 11 month after 3rd April too?

andhraguy

Re: Confirmation of Application!

Post by andhraguy » Tue May 30, 2006 7:10 pm

V4VENDETTA wrote:Hi,

With regards to a postal ILR application. Do we receive anything in the post to confirm that our application has been received and is being considered, or is the fact that your cheque is banked confirmation that your application has been received?
Yes , you do receive a letter that confirms the payment . Also it mentions that the application is sent to case worker for further consideration.

V4VENDETTA
Newly Registered

Confirmation Letter

Post by V4VENDETTA » Tue May 30, 2006 9:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

I got my letter today, 30th of May, although the date in it says the 22nd of May.

"Thank you for the above application for a variation of leave to remain in the United Kingdom. This letter acknowledges receipt of the application and the payment of £335

The application will now be passed to a caseworker for consideration"

Has anyone got a similar letter after applying for ILR?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue May 30, 2006 10:06 pm

V4VENDETTA, can I ask, in what capacity are you applying for ILR? How many years have you been in the UK? And when did you post the application?
John

sowhat

Re: Confirmation Letter

Post by sowhat » Wed May 31, 2006 12:06 am

V4VENDETTA wrote:Hi Everyone,

I got my letter today, 30th of May, although the date in it says the 22nd of May.

"Thank you for the above application for a variation of leave to remain in the United Kingdom. This letter acknowledges receipt of the application and the payment of £335

The application will now be passed to a caseworker for consideration"

Has anyone got a similar letter after applying for ILR?
i got the same letter as well

vijikrish
Newly Registered

Post by vijikrish » Wed May 31, 2006 9:34 am

I got my passport by post yesterday. ILR stamped and all OK. All my original documents are also returned in tact.
The stamping was done on 24th May (Wednesday) and they had posted it on 26th (Friday). It had taken 2 working days to reach me. Also, they did not send this via recorded delivery too.. no proof of delivery.. It came with all other normal posts...

Glad that I made it.. Many posts in this website really helped me to build up my confidence during the wait.

Thanks everybody.

Anyone else got the good news..??

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed May 31, 2006 10:05 am

Vijikrish, hi, I see you have previously posted :-
I posted my application on 1st April saturday as I was qualified on 1st April.
So for you there really was no possible doubt that you would get your ILR, given that you were time-qualified before 3rd April, but nevertheless good that you have receive it.

It is interesting to note just how long these pre-3rd April applications are taking to be dealt with ... nearly two months to hear the result.
John