ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Impact of proposed Tier System ..

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TotalZone
Newly Registered

Impact of proposed Tier System ..

Post by TotalZone » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:51 pm

Your views, comments please..

I am in UK on a work permit by Indian IT company for last 4 years.
I missed my ILR by couple of weeks.
My current Work Permit is valid till 31/12/2006.
For now, I am assuming that extension of WP for another year will not be a problem.
I am curious to know what will happen if in April 07, the Tier system is implemented and people like me are not in Tier 2 ?
Will I not get ILR even after completing 5 years ?
If I switch to HSMP in next couple of months, will it help ?

Hopefully our efforts to revoke the retrospective (retroactive as they say it ??) nature of the 4-5 rule will bring in some good news. Have Emailed my MP and have spread the word.

-TotalZone

TotalZone
Newly Registered

Post by TotalZone » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:11 am

Request all members, moderators to share their opinion please..

garichd

Re: Impact of proposed Tier System ..

Post by garichd » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:23 pm

TotalZone wrote:Your views, comments please..

I am in UK on a work permit by Indian IT company for last 4 years.
I missed my ILR by couple of weeks.
My current Work Permit is valid till 31/12/2006.
For now, I am assuming that extension of WP for another year will not be a problem.
I am curious to know what will happen if in April 07, the Tier system is implemented and people like me are not in Tier 2 ?
Will I not get ILR even after completing 5 years ?
If I switch to HSMP in next couple of months, will it help ?

Hopefully our efforts to revoke the retrospective (retroactive as they say it ??) nature of the 4-5 rule will bring in some good news. Have Emailed my MP and have spread the word.

-TotalZone
Hi TotalZone..

I am in almost the same position as you..
was wondering how did you calculate that you will not be in Tier 2 .. what my understanding is that Tier 2 specifically address the WP and we will be in Tier 2 if the system implemented..

gari..

TotalZone
Newly Registered

Post by TotalZone » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:00 pm

Thanks for the reply garichd..
Is there any reference on the IND website or somewhere else that people like us will be in tier 2 when implemented.. Could you let me know the link please ?
As I could not find any reference of the source, I was wondering if that would be the case next year..:(

garichd

Post by garichd » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:35 pm

TotalZone wrote:Thanks for the reply garichd..
Is there any reference on the IND website or somewhere else that people like us will be in tier 2 when implemented.. Could you let me know the link please ?
As I could not find any reference of the source, I was wondering if that would be the case next year..:(
Totalzone..

I am in the same boat as you..

what I say in my earlier post are the assumptions I made after going thru this doc

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/documents/ ... iew=Binary

Some of the Points I took from this Doc are..

Point - 46
For Tiers 1 and 2, the applicant would need to pass both the attributes test and the control test, but for the other Tiers the control test would be the only requirement.This places a significant emphasis on the validity of the certificate of sponsorship, as discussed in the section on sponsorship and compliance. This will also mean that there will be a single decision for Tiers 1 and 2, rather than the current two stage process for the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) and work permits, where an application has to be made to Work Permits (UK) and then a further application under different criteria for entry clearance to a post overseas, or a caseworker in the UK.

Point - 73.
Tier 1 will replace the current Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP), which already takes a points-based approach to assessing which migrants should be allowed to enter the UK. It will select migrants with top-level skills who will be able to find employment or self-employment and increase the productivity and growth of the UK economy.

Point - 74.
The majority of migrants coming to the UK to work are likely to enter under Tier 2. Like the current work permit system, migrants with a specific job offer from an employer in the UK could enter under this Tier if they meet the criteria as set out in the section on Tier 2. It is possible that those with a job offer may also meet the criteria for Tier 1. In this case they would, if they wanted to, be able to enter under Tier 1 and take up the offer of employment with the additional flexibility of being able to change employer without a further application under the points-based system.Tier 1 is not about identifying specific skills required by individual employers, which is provided for in Tier 2 of the new system.

Again if someone with more experince in these matters can enlighten us..

Thanks
Gari...

Tickle

Post by Tickle » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:14 pm

Total Zone,
Page no 26 of the weblink provided by garichad, clearly tells that ICT(Intra Company Transfers) category people (like us :D) will fall under Tier2 in the new point based system. So nothing to worry I believe.

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:00 pm

If someone falls in Tier2 how can you think they're safe. Tier1 people are safe know?(as per as I understand).
Tickle wrote:Total Zone,
Page no 26 of the weblink provided by garichad, clearly tells that ICT(Intra Company Transfers) category people (like us :D) will fall under Tier2 in the new point based system. So nothing to worry I believe.

Tickle

Post by Tickle » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:24 am

Because Tier1 and Tier2 group people only can enroute for settlement according to Homeoffice.

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:52 pm

Tickle wrote:Because Tier1 and Tier2 group people only can enroute for settlement according to Homeoffice.
Oh! is it? I was thinking only Tier1(HSMP) people are eligible to apply for ILR after 5 yrs and also I was thinkng as WP holders come under Tier 2 we might not be eligible for ILR(after finishing 5 yrs) by default.

Tickle

Post by Tickle » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:19 pm

Total Zone,
I have been Informed by the Immigiration Lawer through Television Channel, that if you switch category like WP to HSMP or HSMP to WP then you need to remain in that category for 5 Years to get settlement.

This needs to be clarified and if it's true then it may impact many people.

TotalZone
Newly Registered

Post by TotalZone » Wed May 03, 2006 5:33 pm

Thanks all for the replies..
Looks like ICTs will come under Tier2 unless they change the rules again retrospectively..
Tickle.. If you get the reference of this news that switching will reset your stay, then could you please inform us..? Will do the same if I see it somewhere..
Thanks again ..

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Thu May 04, 2006 8:56 am

Yes, if this happens a lot people will be affected
I have been Informed by the Immigiration Lawer through Television Channel, that if you switch category like WP to HSMP or HSMP to WP then you need to remain in that category for 5 Years to get settlement.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Thu May 11, 2006 5:14 pm

Do you mean switching from WP to HSMP would reset the ILR clock? This cant be true as I remember HO has themself published that HSMP can be consolidated with WP to attain ILR.

Another thing I heard from my friend was there is a test(not sure what test) in place for HSMP visa, I strongly suspect this would be true as well, but you never know HO has gone crazy... anything can happen... :(
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Fri May 12, 2006 9:44 am

This is wrong. Home office has published on their website that it is perfectly fine to combine time spent on WP and HSMP to get ILR. so if you are on WP for two years and then switch to HSMP then after three years (2+3) you will get your ILR.
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.