ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My family reported my boyfriend to immigration for crime

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmeehh
Newly Registered

My family reported my boyfriend to immigration for crime

Post by mmeehh » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:36 pm

My boyfriend has recently applied for and successfully obtained a UK Tier 4 student visa to study in London. This came after many years of hard work and he was delighted to be given the chance to study in the UK. His country of origin is Kenya.

I am a British citizen from southern England and unfortunately my family have never supported my choice in partner, because they would prefer that I chose someone who was from the same country and culture as myself. Because of their disapprovement, upon hearing that this Kenyan man had obtained a visa, my parents wrote a very damning and accusatory email to the UK Border Agency and reported him for immigration crime. Within the email they requested that his visa be cancelled because they claimed he was guilty of theft and embezzlement in Kenya and had no intention to study in his course, and a dangerous criminal with hidden motives for coming into the country. All these accusations are completely untrue and I have since emailed the UKBA to state that it is untrue. If the Immigration officers contact the Kenyan police, they will find that my boyfriend has no such criminal record.

Is it possible that, because of my parents email, my boyfriend can experience difficulties at the airport when he arrives? Will he need legal representation and can his visa be cancelled because of that? I am concerned that now his name is "blacklisted" because of my parents complaint, so when he arrives in Heathrow he will be immediately taken aside for questioning or deportation or something terrible like that.

I have tried to phone the Home Office - they just say, write us an email and explain that you want to withdraw the previous complaint of your family. They can't tell me how it will/will not affect him.

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:52 pm

someones email doesn't make anyone a criminal
if he got visa he should be fine at the airport
fundamental law principle is that an individual is considered innocent until proven guilty,
your parents email doesn't constitute proof, more, it could cause them a lot of serious problems

hope all will work for you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:31 pm

Also, as this is an application in his own right which doesn't involve you, the letter is likely to have no affect.