ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries on job opportunities in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpnew00
Newly Registered

Queries on job opportunities in UK

Post by hsmpnew00 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi Frens,

I see one trend since Sep 2010 that even though the pass port is returned in few weeks from date of applying, the date of validity is some where 2 months down the line. Probably this is due to the temporary monthly cap installed.

Now I wish to know how are the job opportunities for S/W engineers (mainframe) in UK. Well I mean our VISA will not be of any use if we do not ample opportunities right??

Kindly clarify.

Thanks,
New buddy.

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:06 am

No jobs!

tier1gnrl

Post by tier1gnrl » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:19 pm

T1_Mainframe wrote:No jobs!
There are jobs everywhere.

Say, if there is 1 vacancy for a particular position there are more than 1000 applications for the same including yourself.

Now you should be confident to fight all 999 applicants and prove yourself the best.

If you think you can then its cool, you get the job if not then you wont.

I think its the same scenario everywhere.

Probably the certainty of getting a UK wouldn't be that quick but its not impossible.

Regards,
Ann

NeoZ

Post by NeoZ » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:50 pm

T1_Mainframe wrote:No jobs!

MainFrame = OLD dieing Market = Indian SERVICES firm takeovers = Infosys/Wipro/Congnizant/TCS onsite+Offshore model = NO permanent jobs in UK