ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:14 am

Salaam Guys my wife got the visa Alhumdulillah. Finally the wait is over. I have to thank everyone on here. You all were great support.

I just checked and seen the first refusals for September, Shadow and Safia I feel for you don't lose hope Inshallah Allah will do good. I hope your decisions get turned really quick.

I don't reckon you should submit a new application as you would have to do the english test. Just go for the appeal at least you know what your missing and its the only thing they will check.

Congrats Shazby all the best for the future.

All of you are in my duas, Inshallah all partners will be united soon.

Jazakallah

riz_ras

Post by riz_ras » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:16 am

Sammad wrote:I got a reply from the BHC saying my wife's application has been processed and I should be hearing from Gerrys shortly to collect the documents.
Good luck Sammad, hopefully everything will be ok.

khan786

Post by khan786 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:26 am

Ok ill try other email what information should I give the ISL or the gry reference number, with date of birth and name of applicant?
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

minty

Post by minty » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:58 am

Use the below template

Dear Sir/Madam

Please can you confirm if you have received my below application as my status has not changed on the vfsgloabal website since the day i applied

I applied for a settlement visa on xx/xx2010 in XXX and I am awaiting the outcome of the application.

The relevent details are below

Passport No. :
Online Ref No. :
Applicant Name :
DOB:
Sponsor's name:
Sponsor' Address:

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:16 pm

hey guys i just got this email today about my husband appeal does this mean my husbands visa is ourturned n got the visa but jus needs to summit his passport in nw. am i right guys????/

Date: 9th December 2010

Our Ref:
VAC Ref:
Passport number(s)
Applicants Address:
Tel/mob no.

Dear

We have received your completed appeal papers and further supporting documentation in respect of your recent entry clearance refusal. In light of these new submissions it has been decided that the refusal decision should be overturned and the visa issued. You should re-submit your passport as detailed in this letter to allow this process to be completed.

With reference to your application for entry clearance, please call at your nearest Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, call centre’s number: 0900 10411, on any working day with the exception of public holidays to get an appointment for submission of your passport.

When you attend the Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, please bring with you:

This letter (must be brought with you)
Your passport and the passport(s) of any member of your family if mentioned above. The passport(s) should have at least six months validity.
Please confirm your intended date of travel and length of stay.
TB certificate. Any applicant over the age of 11 going to the UK for 6 months or more is required to submit an up to date TB certificate. Your TB certificate should be valid at the time of arrival in the United Kingdom. The TB certificate is only acceptable if it is issued by International Organisation for Migration (IOM), and their clinics are in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Mirpur. You may wish to take an appointment by the phone number 051-111-466-472 between 08:00 to 13:00 Monday to Friday.

Yours Sincerely,

Entry Clearance Officer
UKBAIG UK Visa Section London

minty

Post by minty » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:22 pm

The letter seems fairly clear to me

Congratulations yasmin786!!

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:41 pm

[quote="minty"]The letter seems fairly clear to me

Congratulations yasmin786!![/quote]

:D :D :D :D

yh i read the letter more than 10times lol but i still wanted to confirm lol

so happy and masallah bcoz i tho i had to wait months n months it only took 1month :D my huuby is going to arange a date to give his passport in :D

TANVIR786
Newly Registered

Post by TANVIR786 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:46 pm

yasmin786 wrote:
minty wrote:The letter seems fairly clear to me

:D :D :D :D

yh i read the letter more than 10times lol but i still wanted to confirm lol

so happy and masallah bcoz i tho i had to wait months n months it only took 1month :D my huuby is going to arange a date to give his passport in :D

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:05 pm

Congrats yasmin!! Niceeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Yes batleykhan, I too believe appealing is best thing to do. I am looking to let my wife (the applicant) do the appeal.

The employer is genuine, it's a family business and my big bro's wife is the director and he is the manager of the store.

He doesn't send out letters to other organisations so that is why no letter heading. So my little sister designed a nice company logo which my bro can now make use of, so am looking to have a letter made in which that logo will be used and a footer with VAT Registration Number AND Company Registration Number shown.

The details on the letter will be same except it'll add a paragraph stating that I am paid by cash and not check or any other method of payment. This SHOULD clear to the ECO that it is why the deposits were made the way they were.

Another plus point to the deposits is that it was deposited in the same location as the store, so it reads the area. So they SHOULD see on the employment letter the area and should see that the area matches on the bank statements.

Am I following the right path or am I doing something wrong? And yes I will mostly appreciate any ways you can let me know on how to convince the ECO that the business does exist.

I have been knacking my brains since yesterday and cannot seem to find out how to go about my Tax notice??? what am I supposed to be looking for and which department of Inland Revenue am I to speak to regarding this?
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

unique012

Post by unique012 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:10 pm

Congratulations to all the people who ahve recieved a positive result, I am really chuffed for you. :D May Allah swt give u a long and happy life.

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:39 pm

thanks

shadow86 and TANVIR786

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:08 pm

es batleykhan, Yes I too believe appealing is best thing to do. I am looking to let my wife (the applicant) do the appeal.

Your wife cant do the appeal. You the sponsor has to do eveything here in the UK.
Does your family business have this years account. That would be helpful to say the business is operating and is genuine.

If it has a compnay director, then it must be a Ltd company and therefore has to be registered at Companys House. Get a copy of teh register to prove this along with Co registration number.

These two things will prove the business exists and is genuine.

In your appeal notice explain that it is a small family run business and thus you dont have any printed letterhead documents etc as you dont normally use letterheaded paper.

Explain that you yourself have printed these as there was no other way to provide documenatry evidence regarding your employment.

As regards the wage slips you sent with your application, where were you getting those from. Was your brother giving them to you?. If so who prepared them for him. If it was his accountant, then maybe you could get accountant to write a letter on behalf of company to say that you were employed by your brother.

Is this your first job and when did you start it?. If it is your fisrt job or that you had been previously unemployed and only got this job because your famnily decided to get you married off and in order to get your wife here, started making yo work in the business, then I can understand why teh ECO is suspicious about your circumstances, because this is a mistake a lot of people make.

Did you pay tax and NI. If so contact HMRC and ask them to confirm that you have indeed paid tax on your earning sas that will be good proof.

If for any reason you dont think you will be able to prove all this, then I suggest that you do appeal and instead make a fresh application in a few months time after you find employment with someone else who canm provide you with proper documents etc.

I am afraid working for the family and providing documents for such thing always make teh ECO suspicious whether you are genuinly employed and that it will last for some time in order to support,maintain and accommodate your spouse for a long time. What they dont want to do is give visa to people who after two years( afterr being given permanant residence) start claiming benefits to support themselves.

riz_ras

Post by riz_ras » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:23 pm

Sammad wrote:
riz_ras wrote:
Sammad wrote:I got a reply from the BHC saying my wife's application has been processed and I should be hearing from Gerrys shortly to collect the documents.
Good luck Sammad, hopefully everything will be ok.
Where have you been these past few days? don't be eating too much meetiyah or your wife might not be able to recognize you lol. Has your wife booked a ticket yet, as I heard it is quite hard to get a seat at the moment.

Just waiting for the status to change, so wife can go down and collect the documents, I don't want to wait over the period of a weekend like you had to, that will be nerve racking.
Very funny, but yes i have been having a bit of mitai :D

Just trying to sort out the ticket, hopefully before the year is out.

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:34 pm

shadow86

just go on internet and get the number for hmrc from their website , explain to them what u need and they will put u throught to the correct department who can provide u the info u need

sara234
Newly Registered

Post by sara234 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi all,

I am new to this forum - just came across it recently and have found it very useful. My husband applied for a settlement visa in Lahore which was refused.. here are my details:

Submitted (Lahore) : 07/09/2010
Forwarded to BHC : 23/09/2010
Ready for Collection : 26/11/2010
Collected : 29/11/2010
Decision : Refused

The reasons they gave were lack of communication i.e. no evidence that calling cards used were genuine. Also they seem to think that he will not be able to be maintaind without recourse to public funds as they are not satisfed with my employers letter. As you can imagine Im very anxious at the moment.

To all those going through the appeal process I wanted to ask a couple ofquestions, particularly to yasmin786 who has got such an amazing result!
1. is it better to submit the form and new documents to the AIT in Leciester or to the Visa Section in Croydon? I am hoping to get a review by an entry clearance manager without needing to go to court so would the visa section be bettr?
2. is it necesary to submit all the original supporting documents or just new documents which address the points in the notice of decision?

any comments will be much appreciated!

good luck to all those still waiting and congratualtions to everyone who has received a positive response :)

shabzy1
Newly Registered

Post by shabzy1 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:52 pm

"YAYY congrats shabzy really happy for you can i ask when did ur hubby get a text to say ready for collection after the emailed decission? i got a email decission yesterday, reaaally nervouse now hope we hear something today"

Dilabassi I checked the website in the morning and he got an email and text in the afternoon.....
Inshaallah urs too will be good news and everyone elses who has had their status changed to collection.....I will pray for all u guys like u did for me .....This is the most horrible part but I know u guys will be able to do it. :D

Even if my husband has the opportunity to delay his travel for 3 months....I dont think I could wait that long....so I am gonna stick to my words ...and say to him oh dear u have a couple of weeks to get out of the country lol!

Thanx everyone for ur congrats......Inshallah I will b saying that back to u.

shabzy

unique012

Post by unique012 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:56 pm

congratulations to u 2 shabzy.

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:06 pm

Hey guys no update yet on collection details, i wreckon its gona be after the weekend which is soo anoying im even checking every break time at work on my mobile lol its getting quite obsessive now :lol:
calling letter 21/06/2011
forwarded to brittish embessy 27/06/11
Under process at BHC 11/07/11

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:20 pm

sara234 wrote:Hi all,

I am new to this forum - just came across it recently and have found it very useful. My husband applied for a settlement visa in Lahore which was refused.. here are my details:

Submitted (Lahore) : 07/09/2010
Forwarded to BHC : 23/09/2010
Ready for Collection : 26/11/2010
Collected : 29/11/2010
Decision : Refused

The reasons they gave were lack of communication i.e. no evidence that calling cards used were genuine. Also they seem to think that he will not be able to be maintaind without recourse to public funds as they are not satisfed with my employers letter. As you can imagine Im very anxious at the moment.

To all those going through the appeal process I wanted to ask a couple ofquestions, particularly to yasmin786 who has got such an amazing result!
1. is it better to submit the form and new documents to the AIT in Leciester or to the Visa Section in Croydon? I am hoping to get a review by an entry clearance manager without needing to go to court so would the visa section be bettr?
2. is it necesary to submit all the original supporting documents or just new documents which address the points in the notice of decision?

any comments will be much appreciated!

good luck to all those still waiting and congratualtions to everyone who has received a positive response :)

Hi Sara,

Before anyone can advise; you will need to tell us the exact reason of refusal.

From what you have written i think one of the reason is that the ECO does not believe your marriage is subsisting.

Firstly it is accepted that using calling cards to speak to your loved ones in Pakistan does not prove you actually spoke to them. Did you provide an explanation why you used calling cards ? such as "i used calling cards to speak to husband as they are a cheaper way in comparison to the conventional direct Land line therefore allows us to speak to each other for longer periods"

So solution would be to send letters, emails to and from each other, call from a Land line or mobile and include itemized billing which clearly show calls made to your husband. ETC

Secondly you claim that the ECO was not satisfied with your employers letter ? What was specifically written ???

Did you include at least 3 months (minimum) wage slips along with your application along with p60 and 6 months bank statements ??? (To show that you have adequate funds to maintain yourself and your husband)

Whats your salary like ??

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:21 pm

batleykhan wrote:
es batleykhan, Yes I too believe appealing is best thing to do. I am looking to let my wife (the applicant) do the appeal.

Your wife cant do the appeal. You the sponsor has to do eveything here in the UK.
Does your family business have this years account. That would be helpful to say the business is operating and is genuine.

My dad said yes we have the accounts, so my big bro will be able to provide this

If it has a compnay director, then it must be a Ltd company and therefore has to be registered at Companys House. Get a copy of teh register to prove this along with Co registration number.

This can be done also. I have produced a template of my own but you know what, no harm in paying some money just to get the job done a little bit better. Am looking to go to a local photocopy place that does letterheads, logo's etc so will ask them for a price and perhaps use their services to have a letterhead done on some nice professional like paper and not an ordinary a4 paper. Maybe get a holographic sorta style, I dunno, will see.

These two things will prove the business exists and is genuine.

In your appeal notice explain that it is a small family run business and thus you dont have any printed letterhead documents etc as you dont normally use letterheaded paper.

This is exactly what I had in mind

Explain that you yourself have printed these as there was no other way to provide documenatry evidence regarding your employment.

As regards the wage slips you sent with your application, where were you getting those from. Was your brother giving them to you?. If so who prepared them for him. If it was his accountant, then maybe you could get accountant to write a letter on behalf of company to say that you were employed by your brother.

My brother gave them to me and they were provided by his accountant who prepared them. I WISH I WISH so much we could have gotten the accountant to write such letter but he is now on holiday to Bangladesh and won't be returning until next month! :( so no letter for me. He operates the accountancy on his own, so has no colleagues if that makes sense.

Is this your first job and when did you start it?. If it is your fisrt job or that you had been previously unemployed and only got this job because your famnily decided to get you married off and in order to get your wife here, started making yo work in the business, then I can understand why teh ECO is suspicious about your circumstances, because this is a mistake a lot of people make.

I started this job in April 2010. My last employment ceased in February 2008 as it was a temp job and I was studying my bachelors in Business Management. After graduating in June 2009 I was in the unemployment line. So got fed up and wanted to bring my wife over as soon as she turned 21 in March 2010. So as I couldn't secure a job outside, I hopped onto family business.
Another thing I would like to point out to you is that I started a part-time job as a Scheme Manager for a housing association in Watford. I work there 4 days a week 3.5 hours per day. This commenced from 25 October 2010. Not sure if I should include this because:

1. I got this job through an Agency
2. The agency does not pay me but they have an external party that handles payroll
3. The actual physical place I work for is different (of course!) to the above 2 points.

So clearly that is like 3 letters and a confusion bonanza which I don't want to indulge into and upset the whole situation. So I don't intend on bringing this forward. If It wasn't for the external payroll crap then maybe it would have been alright.

Did you pay tax and NI. If so contact HMRC and ask them to confirm that you have indeed paid tax on your earning sas that will be good proof.

Yes Tax and NI is paid monthly! I believe this is the thing zeddy zed is trying to let me know. So am hoping to call them tomorrow and ask for some tax notice or something.

If for any reason you dont think you will be able to prove all this, then I suggest that you do appeal and instead make a fresh application in a few months time after you find employment with someone else who canm provide you with proper documents etc.

I am afraid working for the family and providing documents for such thing always make teh ECO suspicious whether you are genuinly employed and that it will last for some time in order to support,maintain and accommodate your spouse for a long time. What they dont want to do is give visa to people who after two years( afterr being given permanant residence) start claiming benefits to support themselves.
^^^ My response in Blue colour.

It is my strong feeling that everything happens for the best and Allah knows very well how much hatred I have towards Pak Airport for the crazy rishwat crap that they have in airport. It's a very long story but I didn't have a good experience in the Airport when I went this past August. So I do NOT hope to go to Pakistan alone ever again and as my parents and little brother are returning in May 2011 I believe that it may be Allah's will to have my wife come over to UK with them :) and that right there works out for EVERYONE's happiness. My mum loves my wife's company so I suppose this could be why her application is refused.

Allah behtar karega inshallah!

Thanks Batleykhan for your awesome advice, will let my bro know about the stuff.
Last edited by Shadow86 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:21 pm

AOA786

Alhumdolilah my decision is overturn and they will issue visa to me and i recevid the same email like yasmin786.

Date: 9th December 2010

Our Ref:
VAC Ref:
Passport number(s)
Applicants Address:
Tel/mob no.

Dear

We have received your completed appeal papers and further supporting documentation in respect of your recent entry clearance refusal. In light of these new submissions it has been decided that the refusal decision should be overturned and the visa issued. You should re-submit your passport as detailed in this letter to allow this process to be completed.

With reference to your application for entry clearance, please call at your nearest Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, call centre’s number: 0900 10411, on any working day with the exception of public holidays to get an appointment for submission of your passport.

When you attend the Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, please bring with you:

This letter (must be brought with you)
Your passport and the passport(s) of any member of your family if mentioned above. The passport(s) should have at least six months validity.
Please confirm your intended date of travel and length of stay.
TB certificate. Any applicant over the age of 11 going to the UK for 6 months or more is required to submit an up to date TB certificate. Your TB certificate should be valid at the time of arrival in the United Kingdom. The TB certificate is only acceptable if it is issued by International Organisation for Migration (IOM), and their clinics are in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Mirpur. You may wish to take an appointment by the phone number 051-111-466-472 between 08:00 to 13:00 Monday to Friday.

Yours Sincerely,

Entry Clearance Officer
UKBAIG UK Visa Section Lon

Jazak Allah khair.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:23 pm

Mubarak ho tasawar!!!!! :) niceeeeeeeeee one!!!!!! :)

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:28 pm

AOA786

I am sorry for your refusal but be strong inshallah you will get your visa soon and thanks for mubarak.

Jazak Allah khair

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Out of curiosity, those of you who won your appeal (congrats again), does it mean that you get ur visa the SAME DAY you go to the appointment with the passport, etc????

Or is it the usual they take your passport in and then process it within a couple of days or weeks???

I am confident that inshallah I also will win my appeal. Everyone's words of wisdom are very helpful. My dad's solicitor who is looking into the case is also saying that we have strong grounds to win the appeal.

shahzad_fozi
Newly Registered

Post by shahzad_fozi » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:47 pm

Hey guys, just to let you know that my hubby got a phone call today and the website has been updated to "ready for collection". My husband is going tomorrow to collect the passport, please every1 pray for me, im ever so nervous dont no how im guna get thru the night, im soooo nervousssss got butterflies, please pray we get inshallah good news.....