ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO website updated on Dec 9th

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yh37
Newly Registered

HO website updated on Dec 9th

Post by yh37 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:56 am

The last paragraph was updated yesterday.
although I don't see any difference and there was nothing new about T1 extension.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ual-limits

old version:

For those entering in an economic route after April 2011:

* Those who do not pass the 'Life in the UK Test' will have their application for settlement refused and they will be required to leave the UK.
* We will remove the ability for new entrants in the Intra Company Transfer route to extend their leave beyond five years.

new version:

For those entering in Tier 1 or Tier 2 of the points-based system after April 2011:

* We will stop our current policy of granting further leave to remain to those who fail the Knowlege of Life requirement.
* We will cap Tier 2 (intra company transfer) route at five years.

Revised on 9 December 2010

manojk005

Re: HO website updated on Dec 9th

Post by manojk005 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:32 am

yh37 wrote:The last paragraph was updated yesterday.
although I don't see any difference and there was nothing new about T1 extension.

old version:

* Those who do not pass the 'Life in the UK Test' will have their application for settlement refused and they will be required to leave the UK.
* We will remove the ability for new entrants in the Intra Company Transfer route to extend their leave beyond five years.

new version:

For those entering in Tier 1 or Tier 2 of the points-based system after April 2011:

* We will stop our current policy of granting further leave to remain to those who fail the Knowlege of Life requirement.

I guess that it is clear cut signal that Tier 1 extension for existing visa holder will not be affected. This is also supported by response from UKBA to emails sent by people here. However, there is nothing clear about settlement for Tier 1 G, which is likely to have additional criteria. But lets wait and watch until any sort of speculations/imagination.

ukswus

Re: HO website updated on Dec 9th

Post by ukswus » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:57 am

manojk005 wrote:
yh37 wrote:The last paragraph was updated yesterday.

old version:

new version:

I guess that it is clear cut signal that Tier 1 extension for existing visa holder will not be affected. This is also supported by response from UKBA to emails sent by people here. However, there is nothing clear about settlement for Tier 1 G, which is likely to have additional criteria. But lets wait and watch until any sort of speculations/imagination.
I don't see any signal to the effect you have described. It's very easy for them to clarify the extension rules for Tier 1 G, yet for some reason they stubbornly refuse to do so.

Moreover, one member reported this yesterday:

I got two conflicting replies:

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please be advised that the changes announced recently by the Home
Secretary only applies to new applicant. Existing migrants will not be
affected by these changes when making an extension application.

I hope that this information will be of assistance to you.

Yours sincerely,

-------
Immigration Group
UK Border Agency

A day after that:

I have been conducting a quality check of e-mail responses.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the initial misinterpretation of
your enquiry.

The correct information is as follows:

At present we do not have specific information on how these changes will
affect migrants that are currently in the UK.
The UKBA website will be updated with further information in due course.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=68138

viki83

Post by viki83 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:11 am

Can we please continue discussing in one thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=68138

Yesterday UKBA site was updated but its getting even more worrying that they are not saying anything about tier 1 extensions, although they must have been receiving 100 emails a day. Replies to those emails are inconsistent as well. Can some other members please post replies they got from UKBA regarding extensions.