ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tire1 General Last Date to apply from within UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rahul12345

Tire1 General Last Date to apply from within UK

Post by rahul12345 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi,

I am on PSW visa in UK and will be applying for Tire 1 General in using premium appointment. My three question are as follows.

1. When is the latest I can apply? I have read in forums that 31st March 2011 is the last date that Tire 1 General will be issued. But is it confirm that before 31st March 2011 it will be fine to apply? Or the policy is still unclear?

2. My 12 month salaray includes salary from April 2010 until July 2010. During these four months I was on student visa but had finished my studies. These were the last four months of student visa which are give to all students (student visa generally issued = last month of study plus four months).
Although I had finished my studies in March 2010, my results were declared in end of May 2010.

My understanding is that the rule is that you can work full during the last four months of student visa if you have finished the exams and waiting results. Is this right?

Any documents I should carry to prove that I could work full time in those months? Or the visa officer will assume it automatically? Any similar case in past?

3. Quota limit does not apply for in country application, so I am fine as I am applying from within UK. Am I right?

Thanks.

rahul12345

Post by rahul12345 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:26 pm

Any replies?

Thanks in advance.

rd409
Newly Registered

Re: Tire1 General Last Date to apply from within UK

Post by rd409 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:13 pm

You are walking on thin ice here.

The visa restriction says, you cannot work for a permanent jobs during the student visa stay. So if your job was a temporary or a contract job, it can do.

Also if you have been working for the same employer, then you will have to show that after you received your PSW, you resigned from the job, and was accepted by the employer as a new employee, so you should have two separate contracts for those periods. Again it depends on the visa officer, if s/he is not convinced, you might have to answer a bit of unasked questions, so be prepared for that as well.

The last day for application would be 31st of March 2011, as you cannot apply for a tier - 1 General from 1 April. But if you are planning for applying on same day visa, then you might have to be quick. The appointments are limited, and there would be hundreds if not thousands of applicants going that route.

You are correct, as your case would not count for the monthly cap, so I would suggest you apply as soon as you hit the required points.

tier1gnrl

Re: Tire1 General Last Date to apply from within UK

Post by tier1gnrl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:30 pm

rd409 wrote: The last day for application would be 31st of March 2011, as you cannot apply for a tier - 1 General from 1 April.
Does this mean that "if applied on 31st March 2011 or in Mid March the application will be considered on the present rules and not the new rules from 1st April 2011?"

Kindly Advice.

Regards.

rahul12345

Post by rahul12345 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:16 pm

Hi rd409,

>Student visa restriction says, you cannot work for a permanent jobs during the student visa stay. So if your job was a temporary or a contract job, it can do.

Mine was not permanent. However is there a home office website link which says that student can work full time after studies for 4 months?

Also for Tier 1 General, my understanding is that they just ask two set of documents which can be pay slips and matching bank statement. Do they ask contract as well? I don't have a formal contract for one of the short term jobs but I can ask my ex-employer if that is very important?

Also the dates in the online booking always seem to be full. Is there a clever to get the same day appointment?

Thanks.

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:24 am

rahul12345 wrote:Hi rd409,

>Student visa restriction says, you cannot work for a permanent jobs during the student visa stay. So if your job was a temporary or a contract job, it can do.

Mine was not permanent. However is there a home office website link which says that student can work full time after studies for 4 months?

Also for Tier 1 General, my understanding is that they just ask two set of documents which can be pay slips and matching bank statement. Do they ask contract as well? I don't have a formal contract for one of the short term jobs but I can ask my ex-employer if that is very important?

Also the dates in the online booking always seem to be full. Is there a clever to get the same day appointment?

Thanks.
Payslips: You are saying that you are doing part time jobs. On Average, you have degree here and i guess you should be under 30 age ? Then you need to show a minimum of £35k earnings (If u have masters degree) or £40k (If u have batchelors degree)