ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will it be possible to switch from PSW to Student visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xleft
- thin ice -

Will it be possible to switch from PSW to Student visa

Post by xleft » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:23 pm

Ok, here is my question:

If the government makes the law that you have to apply for new student visa outside the country, will it be possible for current Post-Study Work visa holders to apply for student visa (university degree) still inside the country?

(to moderators - sorry for previous misunderstanding)
Last edited by xleft on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

anjum70

Post by anjum70 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:00 pm

Yes , I think we have to go back to home country to apply for PSW after your studies subjected to PSW is in place till then , Home office aim is clear they want to cut extension and this thing cant be challenged in court I believe but nobody knows for sure unless official statement

xleft
- thin ice -

Post by xleft » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:16 pm

Thanks for your opinion
Last edited by xleft on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

anjum70

Post by anjum70 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:29 pm

I dont think so you will be able to change from PSW to student visa from within the country see proposed news rules in home office website it clearly states that u have to apply for fresh application for further study its frustating i know

xleft
- thin ice -

Post by xleft » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:52 am

Thanks for you opinion. Any experts can comment please?
Last edited by xleft on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:36 am

Not needed? How would you know? You post not just for your benefit, but for the benefit of those that follow, whose circumstances are similar.

Not happy you have zapped your posts.
John

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:23 pm

This is becoming a trend, where members delete their posts once they have received the answers they need.

regards

ash786
BANNED

Re: Will it be possible to switch from PSW to Student visa

Post by ash786 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:41 pm

xleft wrote:Ok, here is my question:

If the government makes the law that you have to apply for new student visa outside the country, will it be possible for current Post-Study Work visa holders to apply for student visa (university degree) still inside the country?

1. Its all down to the consultation untill January.
2. I am sure that HO will take sometime to implement the new changes.
3. They will have to make sure that people who already have CAS numbers issued and have applied does not have any problem with it.
4. The people who are stuyding at degree level 6 or above and got the cas on the basis of that, does not need the english language requirements.

Overall these proposed changes are wast of time and hassle for students.

xleft
- thin ice -

Re: Will it be possible to switch from PSW to Student visa

Post by xleft » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:30 am

ash786 wrote:
xleft wrote:Ok, here is my question:

1. Its all down to the consultation untill January.
2. I am sure that HO will take sometime to implement the new changes.
3. They will have to make sure that people who already have CAS numbers issued and have applied does not have any problem with it.
4. The people who are stuyding at degree level 6 or above and got the cas on the basis of that, does not need the english language requirements.

Overall these proposed changes are wast of time and hassle for students.
Thank you. I also think so. Also, they said they want to cut the consultation short (8 weeks instead of 12) in order to implement new rules before new academic year. However, I think it would be nearly impossible to announce, for example, that all new students must now apply overseas. And universities are quite unhappy about it as well. I think what they can do for new academic year are more simple changes but more dramatic changes will require time to adjust and transitional arrangements must be provided.
Regarding specifically switching from PSW to Student visa inside the country, I think they can't prohibit it because when visa was issued there were rules in place. So I have already got PSW with the conditions that I can switch to other categories including student visa inside the country. But I'm not solicitor, so I was hoping maybe someone professional could comment specifically on this.