ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

unique012

Post by unique012 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:45 pm

Salaam everyone,

I emailed them just now and they said our application has been processed, after how long should I expect a reply? Please do dau for me everyone, I will remba you in my duas also. :)

minty

Post by minty » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:08 pm

shazadkhan4545 wrote:can someone plz help me..what is sponsor contact... what is that suppose to be for? and what do they ask u? can sum1 plz help me.
Applications made after October 25th are being processed in Pakistan.

The Pakistan BHC is contacting the sponsors of the application ( ie the husband or wife) to confirm the details.

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:39 pm

[quote="Zahida"]Congrats to [b]Tasawar [/b]and [b]Yasmin786[/b], that is great news, alhumdulillah your patience has paid off - really happy for you both :D

All the best for the future guys :)[/quote]

awww thanks zahida the wait and the headace is over alhumdulillah am over the moon and jus had to wait 1month n they giv the visa :D :D

he jus needs to his TB test thing again bcoz other 1 has expried n then once he gt then he will giv his passport in :D am hopeing he will be here by jan or even end of this yr i jus want him here ASAP lol

hwz ur husband finding it here i sent u pm to i dnt think u gt it to see hwz life n hwz hubby finding it here

take cre xxxx

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:06 pm

How important is the tax notice thingy?

I called HMRC today and they said they have no record of my employer in my name.

I have got payslips showing that tax is paid and my older bro (employer) does pay tax and has the yellow book thingy as well.

He has the VAT registeration certificate, he also has Employers PAYE reference number.

I am sooo confused now why on earth ain't these people got the info on their database.

My bro's friend who works in payroll dept for Metropolitan Police said that you need to be on HMRC's payroll in order for them to view ur tax payments, etc.

The biggest issue of all this is that our accountant is on holiday and he is quite hard to get a hold of. His son is trying to get hold of him too so that they can arrange a letter of employment confirmation or something.

I was due to go to get letter heads started off today but am waiting for the accountant's response on what to do.

HMRC was talking about P60 form and then I told her the situation and she said ok we can send out a letter of confirmation showing employer name and taxes paid but you need to provide us with an Employee/Worker/Payroll number, date of employment commenced and how much is ur salary.

It is the Employee or Payroll number which I do not have. This includes for my part-time job that I have also. No such number on my payslips for either employer.

Sometimes feel like skipping this whole HMRC thingy because it feels like it could take ages. After all, the main thing to do is to prove that the business exists and to get a letter headed paper.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

rani111
Newly Registered

Post by rani111 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:10 pm

[quote="Sammad"][quote="samera"][quote]Just waiting for the status to change, so wife can go down and collect the documents, I don't want to wait over the period of a weekend like you had to, that will be nerve racking.[/quote]

Hey how r u? have you heard anything yet? I emailed bhc and they finally replied and it sed that application has been processed and we will contacted by Gerry's. Not heard anything yet. Im getting really impatient now cuz they checked with my employer on the 24th and dats two weeks.[/quote]

The same. The status has not changed. I can't even sleep at night, and worst of all when I am asleep my wife rings me, asking me about what is happening lol. So I don't know I suppose I will have to hold out until next Friday but hoping Monday the status changes.[/quote] i can not sleep at night either. My husband and i are missing each other too much. We spend so much time over phone that it is taking over my life. I check the application every day even though i know it not going to change for while. But i check just the same like a crazy person.

rani111
Newly Registered

Post by rani111 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:16 pm

[quote="minty"]Yas2010

I notice you have not provided your details for us to update the spreadsheet below

Please can you provide

username
location submitted
Date submitted
Under process at BHC date
Employer contact date
Email decsion date
ready for collection date[/quote]
rani111
LHR
25/11/10
8/12/10
N/A
N/A

samera
Newly Registered

Post by samera » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:39 pm

Thank you for your email of 07/12/10 enquiring about the progress of your visa application. I can confirm that the application has been processed and you will hear shortly from the Visa Application Centre (Gerry's) about how you can collect your documents. Please do not contact Gerry's directly as they will be in touch with you as soon as they receive your paperwork. You can track the whereabouts of your documents at

www.ukvacpk.com

This is the messge i got from bhc when i emailed them about the application.
Last edited by samera on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samera
Newly Registered

Post by samera » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:46 pm

I couldnt wait so decided to email gerry's to find out what is happening and this is what they emailed me back (this is the email add i used mirpurvacmgr@gerrys.com.pk)

Your husband’s application is still under process, The average processing time for a settlement visa application is 12 weeks but some applications may require additional processing time if further enquiries need to be made.

Kindly also note that visa applications are assessed individually and process time may vary from applicant to applicant.

For further assistance please contact UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

Im confused that these lot are saying that it is still under process and bhc are saying that it is processed. Now what is this suppose to mean?

khan786

Post by khan786 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:46 pm

got generic reply for my application via email

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. Details regarding processing times can be found on Gerry’s website www.ukvacpk.com under ‘Guide to processing times.’ All settlement applications can take up to 12 weeks from the date of application to process. Please only contact us if this time has lapsed and you have not been contacted regarding your application.

Your application is less than 12 weeks old and has not been processed.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

so ill email them again on 28th if no reply
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:49 pm

samera if BHC sed to u in ther email that it has been processed then it has been processed!!! luv its no point emailing mirpur gerry office bcoz they dnt knw any thing they will always will say to u its under process so it no point emailing them jus wait hun n do dua inshallaah u will get good news next week
:D :D

Study786
BANNED

English test

Post by Study786 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:56 pm

Salam and hi to all
I need to get details regarding english test for spouse visa please. My wife will apply from Islamabad and the only thing left to do is this English test. We have no idea what level of test is it, where will it be taken, fees and time for the whole process.
PLEASE HELP

sailafie
Newly Registered

Post by sailafie » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:25 pm

Hi ^

My husband has just recently sat the English test.
He has said that he spoke to the agents at Fedex and asked for how to sit the test. They got him a date for the following day at the British Consulate in Karachi. It all cost 25000 rupees.

There are tests available to book online they cost $210 and you can get a date for sometime in the future plus practice tests.

Husband says that it wasn't a difficult test, there was speaking and listening and a bit of reading and writing. He also mentioned there was one Pakistani man and one English man that were coaching them and telling them how they wanted them to speak (i.e thank God and not thanks God).

You need to specifically state that you are applying for a spouse visa (which is fairly easy to pass as you need a small pass mark) otherwise they will refer you to ielts or toefl and that is harder because its for students.

Sorry its all over the place this is what I've managed to get out of him regarding the English test.

Hope its helped a bit.
Sai

sailafie
Newly Registered

Post by sailafie » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:27 pm

Quick question regarding tracking the application.

Does it show up on the tracking website straight away or does it take sometime? I've managed to find the correct tracking number but its not showing up :S

Or is the site currently out of order?

Study786
BANNED

Post by Study786 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:47 pm

Thank you very much sai for providing your husbands personal experience regarding English language test. Do you know how long this test take and do they give you the results straigt away? and one more thing Can you please give us the website where we can book this test, thanks again.

billo

Post by billo » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:55 pm

Tasawar - Congratulations brother, I know you were very anxious about this and I'm so happy for you that it all finally worked out for the best. Wishing you and your wife a very happy married life here in the UK.

Yasmin786 -Congratulations to you as well. Wow! Your appeal was overturned really quickly Masha'allah. Hope you and your husband have a happy life together.

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:00 pm

[quote="billo"][b]Tasawar[/b] - Congratulations brother, I know you were very anxious about this and I'm so happy for you that it all finally worked out for the best. Wishing you and your wife a very happy married life here in the UK.

[b]Yasmin786[/b] -Congratulations to you as well. Wow! Your appeal was overturned really quickly Masha'allah. Hope you and your husband have a happy life together.[/quote]

awww thanks billo i woz going to send u pm to let u knw the goods news bcoz luv u helped me alot for all tha info

yh i wud say wow to mashallah it happend so quick i woz in shock my self i read the letter like more then 10times lol i cud nt belive it my self :D

cant wait for my husband to cum nw

samera
Newly Registered

Post by samera » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:05 pm

yasmin786 wrote:samera if BHC sed to u in ther email that it has been processed then it has been processed!!! luv its no point emailing mirpur gerry office bcoz they dnt knw any thing they will always will say to u its under process so it no point emailing them jus wait hun n do dua inshallaah u will get good news next week
:D :D
thanks hun, i rather they not email me back rather giving me crap information. Well i hope its next week because its been 2 weeks since they contacted my employer, they need to get a move on surely there aint any snow in pakistan that could hold them up lol.

Thanks for the support.

rani111
Newly Registered

Post by rani111 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:16 am

[quote="sailafie"]Quick question regarding tracking the application.

Does it show up on the tracking website straight away or does it take sometime? I've managed to find the correct tracking number but its not showing up :S

Or is the site currently out of order?[/quote]
I entered my husband tracking no. it is showing up. case submitted LHR 25/11 then changed to case being processed 8/12. another sleepless night!!

rani111
Newly Registered

Post by rani111 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:35 am

[quote="rani111"][quote="sailafie"]Quick question regarding tracking the application.

Or is the site currently out of order?[/quote]
I entered my husband tracking no. it is showing up. case submitted LHR 25/11 then changed to case being processed 8/12. another sleepless night!![/quote]once i entered the right number with all the forward slashes in the right place it shows up straight away. if u make a mistake it comes up as an error on the page

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:21 am

AOA786

billo thanks and really i m so happy because they finally realize that i deserve that but i don't no how much time they will take to issue the visa if anybody know plz tell me .

Jazak Allah Khair.

Yas2010

Post by Yas2010 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:02 pm

minty wrote:Yas2010

I notice you have not provided your details for us to update the spreadsheet below

Please can you provide

username
location submitted
Date submitted
Under process at BHC date
Employer contact date
Email decsion date
ready for collection date

username --- Yas2010
location submitted -- ISLAMABAD
Date submitted --- 25/11/2010
Under process at BHC date -- 08/12/2010
Employer contact date -- N/A
Email decsion date --- application has been processed 10/12/2010
ready for collection date

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:44 pm

Hi guys just a quick question, is there a certain time when u can pick up documents from gerry's? or is it all day during opening times??
calling letter 21/06/2011
forwarded to brittish embessy 27/06/11
Under process at BHC 11/07/11

minty

Post by minty » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:57 pm

Normally it is 2pm untill 4pm to pick up your documents

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:08 pm

dilseabbassi wrote:Hi guys just a quick question, is there a certain time when u can pick up documents from gerry's? or is it all day during opening times??
Salaam its 2-5.
My wife collected her passport this week. And theres loads of people there 150-200 waiting to collect their docs so wud say go before 2 cus she went in at 2 an her number was 87. It takes about an hour depending on how busy they are.

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:39 pm

Salaam its 2-5.
My wife collected her passport this week. And theres loads of people there 150-200 waiting to collect their docs so wud say go before 2 cus she went in at 2 an her number was 87. It takes about an hour depending on how busy they are.
Hi thanks for the info, so did your wife get a text early in the morn? cos my hubby is in the village at the moment so would need a bit of time to get to islamabad, dnt want him to miss the slot
calling letter 21/06/2011
forwarded to brittish embessy 27/06/11
Under process at BHC 11/07/11