ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant's two years residance requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nptahir
Newly Registered

Dependant's two years residance requirement

Post by nptahir » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:33 am

Going to apply for ILR in January 2012 after five years under tier 1.
My wife lived with me for two years January 2008 to may 2010 then went back home. She is here again from this month.
My question is does this two years period satisfy home office's requirement that wife should be living with main applicant for two consecutive years under dependant visa to become eligible for ILR??????
Or should it have to be last two consecutive years before ILR application?
Hmm one more question,though we lived together between those two years but both of us were registered at different address. And I had set up redirection for myself. Will it be a problem?
Thanks very much for reading with patience
I'll really appreciate if someone could guide me. Hmm I could not find inforrmation regarding this anywhere

vinny

Re: Dependant's two years residance requirement

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:35 am

nptahir wrote:Going to apply for ILR in January 2012 after five years under tier 1.
My wife lived with me for two years January 2008 to may 2010 then went back home. She is here again from this month.
My question is does this two years period satisfy home office's requirement that wife should be living with main applicant for two consecutive years under dependant visa to become eligible for ILR??????
Or should it have to be last two consecutive years before ILR application?
319E wrote:(d) The applicant and the Relevant Points Based System Migrant must have been living together in the UK in marriage or civil partnership, or in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership, for a period of at least 2 years.
Don't forget that she should also have leave as your dependant, etc.
nptahir wrote:Hmm one more question,though we lived together between those two years but both of us were registered at different address. And I had set up redirection for myself. Will it be a problem?
How can you prove that you were living together?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nptahir
Newly Registered

Post by nptahir » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:46 am

thanks for reply Vinny
yes she is on dependant visa since her first visit. we are married and have marriage certificate. living together as well but the only proof I got to provide is redirection letter from royal mail to this address.
our marriage certificate
our baby under my name

Actually last time when we applied for extention, there was no such need to prove that we are living together.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:03 am

nptahir wrote:Actually last time when we applied for extention, there was no such need to prove that we are living together.
Although you may not have to, it's better to be prepared.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:46 am

bear iin mind that rules may well change in a year's time. but u should have lots of documents proving u r living togather e.g. gp registratio, letters from bank, utility companies, other letters....

bobbili
Newly Registered

Post by bobbili » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:18 pm

I have called to Immigration office on similary query, to know dependent require 2yrs continuouly.

Call center guy replied that dependent has to be in UK for 2yr continuously before ILR appl submission. if person stay out of UK for more than 90days will refreshes 2yr stay.

yargos111
Newly Registered

Post by yargos111 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:33 am

I had a similar case for my wife. But we got the ILR. Please refer the post:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=68239