ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa for fiancee?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abz_
Newly Registered

Visit Visa for fiancee?

Post by abz_ » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:32 pm

OK so now there is an English A1 test for spouse visa I am planing to get a visiting visa for my fiancée once we get married so I can teach her English. After 3 to 4 months she would go back to Pakistan, for about 1 month, to apply for a spouse visa. Would they give a visiting visa once we get married and would they give a spouse visa after 3 to 4 months?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:15 pm

You may find it difficult to prove that your wife will return to her home country. The ECO will be looking for evidence of strong ties to Pakistan...property, employment, study etc. With a husband in the UK this may be difficult.

abz_
Newly Registered

Post by abz_ » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:35 pm

Casa wrote:You may find it difficult to prove that your wife will return to her home country. The ECO will be looking for evidence of strong ties to Pakistan...property, employment, study etc. With a husband in the UK this may be difficult.
If in the cover letter I say that the purpose is to learn English for the spouse visa, which it is, would that not help? What if her older brother processes the application for her to visit the UK for 3-4 months?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:36 pm

abz_ wrote:
Casa wrote:You may find it difficult to prove that your wife will return to her home country. The ECO will be looking for evidence of strong ties to Pakistan...property, employment, study etc. With a husband in the UK this may be difficult.
If in the cover letter I say that the purpose is to learn English for the spouse visa, which it is, would that not help? What if her older brother processes the application for her to visit the UK for 3-4 months?
I think you will be the first if you can get a visa for this reason. Whats wrong with learning English in Pakistan. It is only basic English test.she will not be sitting an exam or something like that.I dont think the ECO will believe this excuse to grant visa irrespective of who sponsor or invites her.

abz_
Newly Registered

Post by abz_ » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:23 pm

batleykhan wrote:she will not be sitting an exam or something like that
Then what would that A1 English thing be? What if her brother just applies for a normal visiting visa with out saying anything about the English thing?
batleykhan wrote:Whats wrong with learning English in Pakistan
Her circumstances don't allow her to take a course.
Last edited by abz_ on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:54 pm

There's no harm in her brother sponsoring a visitor visa without mentioning in intention to improve her English while she's with him. However, if the question arises, don't attempt to hide the existence of your relationship as it will backfire when you later apply for the spouse visa and have to give evidence of how long you have known each other.

abz_
Newly Registered

Post by abz_ » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:00 pm

Casa wrote:There's no harm in her brother sponsoring a visitor visa without mentioning in intention to improve her English while she's with him. However, if the question arises, don't attempt to hide the existence of your relationship as it will backfire when you later apply for the spouse visa and have to give evidence of how long you have known each other.
So just to clarify once we get married her brother can apply for a visiting visa and then after a few months I can apply for a spouse visa for her? How likely is it that ECO would delay the spouse visa if I do it that way?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:00 pm

Ah. I'd understood that the brother would sponsor her visitor visa before the marriage. If he applies after, the ECO will strongly question why you aren't applying as her husband...and you'll be back to square one with the refusal likely due to the doubt that she would have a strong reason to return to Pakistan...and further complications when you eventually apply for her spouse visa...with possible queries over whether you intend to live together as man and wife if the brother sponsored the visitor visa and not you.
Sorry..but it would be unfair of me not to warn you of the pitfalls before you make any decisions.

abz_
Newly Registered

Post by abz_ » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:33 pm

Casa wrote:Ah. I'd understood that the brother would sponsor her visitor visa before the marriage. If he applies after, the ECO will strongly question why you aren't applying as her husband...and you'll be back to square one with the refusal likely due to the doubt that she would have a strong reason to return to Pakistan...and further complications when you eventually apply for her spouse visa...with possible queries over whether you intend to live together as man and wife if the brother sponsored the visitor visa and not you.
Sorry..but it would be unfair of me not to warn you of the pitfalls before you make any decisions.
What if he applies about a month before we get married but she comes to the UK after we get married?

Also how is the A1 English criteria judged and what does it cover?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:02 pm

The ECO will almost certainly query why her fiance didn't sponsor the application. You could put the spouse visa in jeopardy. I know how stressful this may be, and although it doesn't help, I believe the testing is unfair for those who have no access to formal schooling in their own country. I also agree it's much easier to learn new language once you are resident in the Country.
Why don't you seek professional advice? There may well be other options or a legal advisor may be more optimistic regarding the visitor visa if they have past experience with this.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi ^

My husband has just recently sat the English test.
He has said that he spoke to the agents at Fedex and asked for how to sit the test. They got him a date for the following day at the British Consulate in Karachi. It all cost 25000 rupees.

There are tests available to book online they cost $210 and you can get a date for sometime in the future plus practice tests.

Husband says that it wasn't a difficult test, there was speaking and listening and a bit of reading and writing. He also mentioned there was one Pakistani man and one English man that were coaching them and telling them how they wanted them to speak (i.e thank God and not thanks God).

You need to specifically state that you are applying for a spouse visa (which is fairly easy to pass as you need a small pass mark) otherwise they will refer you to ielts or toefl and that is harder because its for students.

Sorry its all over the place this is what I've managed to get out of him regarding the English test.

Hope its helped a bit.
Sai
This is what one persons whose hubby took one of these tests