ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier-2 to Tier-1 inside UK(Post 21st Nov2010)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

trek

Switching from Tier-2 to Tier-1 inside UK(Post 21st Nov2010)

Post by trek » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:27 pm

Hi

I am in process of applying for T1(G) [Switching] based on new UKBA regulations (From 21.11.2010)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... l-form.pdf

I have few queries on some points from the new application form, for which I require some clarifications.

Can I submit 1 sided prints of the application form?

B10. Home Office reference number(s) (if known): -
What is this?

B11. Give details of any current or previous worker reference number(s) under work permit arrangements (if applicable):
-is this option asking for my employee id or any other detail?

B13. Points Based System migrant reference number (if known):
- Is this the Certificate of Sponsorship No. (Also mentioned in Visa), but above field size id 10 characters, teh certificate no. mentioned is 11 characters.

C9. Please give details of the applicant’s Biometric Residence Permit. Please note for the application to be valid and complete the applicant’s current Biometric Residence Permit must be provided, unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the application form.
- In my current Tier 2 , I have not been issued any Biometric Resi. Perm, also in the form there is no option that suites my situation. What do I do?

D4. Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicant’s passport or travel document.
- There are 2 no's in the visa one is in red big bold numerics , second is written in front of VAF XXXXXX , which is the correct one?

During my last 12 months, I returned India for 2 months (as my earlier T2 visa was about to expire), during those 2 months I got Indian salary, but at the same time here in uk, there were pending amount which company payed me in my absence (like previous year bonus, leave encashment). Uk salary slip mentions them as arrears, payments - So will both amount in UK (in my absence) & Indian Salary be considerd at the same time for PBS Previous earning?

Thanks In Advance.
Regards,
Trek

bethnalblue

Re: Switching from Tier-2 to Tier-1 inside UK(Post 21st Nov2

Post by bethnalblue » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:06 am

trek wrote:Hi

I am in process of applying for T1(G) [Switching] based on new UKBA regulations (From 21.11.2010)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... l-form.pdf

I have few queries on some points from the new application form, for which I require some clarifications.

Can I submit 1 sided prints of the application form?

B10. Home Office reference number(s) (if known): -
What is this?

B11. Give details of any current or previous worker reference number(s) under work permit arrangements (if applicable):
-is this option asking for my employee id or any other detail?

B13. Points Based System migrant reference number (if known):
- Is this the Certificate of Sponsorship No. (Also mentioned in Visa), but above field size id 10 characters, teh certificate no. mentioned is 11 characters.

C9. Please give details of the applicant’s Biometric Residence Permit. Please note for the application to be valid and complete the applicant’s current Biometric Residence Permit must be provided, unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the application form.
- In my current Tier 2 , I have not been issued any Biometric Resi. Perm, also in the form there is no option that suites my situation. What do I do?

D4. Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicant’s passport or travel document.
- There are 2 no's in the visa one is in red big bold numerics , second is written in front of VAF XXXXXX , which is the correct one?

During my last 12 months, I returned India for 2 months (as my earlier T2 visa was about to expire), during those 2 months I got Indian salary, but at the same time here in uk, there were pending amount which company payed me in my absence (like previous year bonus, leave encashment). Uk salary slip mentions them as arrears, payments - So will both amount in UK (in my absence) & Indian Salary be considerd at the same time for PBS Previous earning?

Thanks In Advance.
Regards,
Trek
Can I submit 1 sided prints?
You have to provide a double sided printout & make sure that section 2, pg 10 falls on the front side.

B10. Home Office reference number(s) (if known)
If you have already extended your visa in the UK then you will have a reference number on the letter received from Home Office.

B11. Give details of any current or previous worker reference number(s) under work permit arrangements (if applicable)
If you have been a work permit applicant then you will have a worker reference number.

B13. Points Based System migrant reference number (if known)
If you are a PBS migrant then you will have a PBS migrant reference number. You can leave this blank if you have not been a PBS migrant.

You can write not applicable as you have never been a BRP applicant previously.

Its the no. written in red on the top right hand side of the visa.

You can add up your Indian & UK salary for previous earnings and must provide proof of the same.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:38 am

Where did you see that the application has to be printed double sided?

vinny

Re: Switching from Tier-2 to Tier-1 inside UK(Post 21st Nov2

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:51 am

bethnalblue wrote: Can I submit 1 sided prints?
You have to provide a double sided printout & make sure that section 2, pg 10 falls on the front side.
I don't think that it's compulsory to provide a double sided printout.

However, if you do, then
Tier 1 (General) application form wrote:If you are producing a double-sided copy of this application form, please include this page and make sure it falls on the reverse of the payment details page in the two-sided copy.

For administrative reasons, it is important that the rest of the form begins with Section 2 - Applicant’s Details facing upwards
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

immig000

double sided

Post by immig000 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:46 am

so if i give a printout by selecting "Print on both sides" - will this be fine or print till page 9. stop and then take the printouts from page 10?

Natita

Post by Natita » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:53 pm

Print must print ALL pages for doubled sided option. For single sided, you may opt to exclude that page in question.