ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I didn't study on uk student visa, Can I get immigration now

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rhonnydavid
Newly Registered

I didn't study on uk student visa, Can I get immigration now

Post by rhonnydavid » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:27 pm

I had been to uk during the period August 2004 till August 2005 on a student visa, but i did not study during my stay and left the UK before my visa expired. Now I want to apply for Tier 1 General skilled migration category from my country. But I am confused and worried that uk embassy might reject my visa due to my previous illegal stay. Does anybody have idea for that and give me his suggestions whether i am safe to apply Tier 1 General skilled? If not then how long will i need to wait to for uk visa gain?

Regards

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Please give details of your illegal stay. Did you work illegally or what?

rhonnydavid
Newly Registered

Post by rhonnydavid » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:30 pm

Yes, I worked in London on my NI number more than 20 hr a week continuously during last 6 months of my stay in UK and but in initial 6 months period i didn't work on NI number but worked more then 20 hrs with a variable frequency.

Also please note that, I was supposed to study in scotland at university of strathclyde, but i never visited the university

drmastoi

HI

Post by drmastoi » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:42 pm

dont worry..
you can apply

rhonnydavid
Newly Registered

Post by rhonnydavid » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:55 pm

but as i will declare that i have visited uk in past on student visa........ and my qualification section will only declare studies from my home country. i.e. none from uk...... don't you think it will clearly indicate that i didnt study?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:21 am

There is a chance that they will pick it up, in which case you will have problems, especially if you say you have never been in breach of your immigration conditions (it will be seen as deception in which case you will have a 10 year ban).

In terms of not declaring any UK qualification, remember that study visas are issued for degree and non-degree purposes.