ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just started to search job in SAP - need suggestions please

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

betogether

Just started to search job in SAP - need suggestions please

Post by betogether » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:54 am

Hi All,

I got Tier 1 on 3rd December and I have started looking for job in UK since then.

I am applying suitable opportunities from jobserve.com, CWjobs.com and thesapjobboard.com.

I am an Indian citizen and currently working in Norway as a free lancer and my current project is going to be complete this month.
I am a Sr SAP Consultant (Team Lead). I have been involve in many different roles and having total 7+ years of experience in SAP SD.
Addition to SAP SD I have extensive knowledge in SAP Waste and Recycling module. I have hand on knowledge in other SAP Modules and ABAP.

My preference is to find a contract job as soon as possible.

Would anyone be so kind by guiding me in the right direction to proceed and achieve the target I have set?
Also please recommend me that whats rate I should quote as per my experience.

Thanks and Regards
Betogether

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:31 pm

UK is not that big on SAP. Germany / Austria would probably be much better.

betogether

Post by betogether » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:25 am

Hi, Thanks for the response but I dont have work permit for Germany/Austria. I have to try in UK or Norway. Please suggest if anyone have some directions to achieve this. Thanks and Regards Betogether

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:34 am

betogether wrote:Hi, Thanks for the response but I dont have work permit for Germany/Austria. I have to try in UK or Norway. Please suggest if anyone have some directions to achieve this. Thanks and Regards Betogether
Well you can only go about it in the following ways
1. Float your CV and see how many bite
2. Regarding rates look at all SAP jobs and take an average of the packages shown to get an idea
3. Apply for roles constantly and try to get a telephonic interview in place
4. There are chances recruiters wont even bother because your out of the UK but Norway is not as bad as being in India or Asia so you may have a chance. Else, the final option is to be here in person to readily attend interviews.

There is no shortcut to finding out relevant jobs and packages without first applying yourself and getting shortlisted for interviews

All the best
KP

betogether

Post by betogether » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:17 am

Hi kenfrapin,

Thanks for the response.

I will keep your suggestions in mind while searching job.

Thanks once again.
Regards
Betogether

sureshep

Post by sureshep » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi,

I landed in UK last two months and with over 6+ years of SAP Netweaver portals experience in India.

But only attended three interviews as of now. Two interviews not cleared (failed in 2nd round). Third one awaiting for results.

Market here is tough when compared with India. We have to wait for atleast 2 weeks to get the resume shortlisted and keep following up with them.

Only suggestion would be - be patient, wait for your time and crack the offer. Few SAP jobs are there.....chances are low that our profile would fit in.

Hope this info help out to get an better idea.

regards,
suresh

betogether

Post by betogether » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for the response.

I would first like to wish you all the best for the result of interview you had.

I would be very happy if you can share some more info.
As you said you appeared for 3 interview and 2 of them were not through in 2nd round.
Would you be so kind by sharing some info about the interviews you faced (I mean what round is exactly 2nd round etc.)?

I will keep your suggestion in mind and will be patient while my application.

Thanks and Regards
Betogether