ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ADVICE NEEDED.....going crazy on Ukba

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

queendee
Newly Registered

ADVICE NEEDED.....going crazy on Ukba

Post by queendee » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:13 am

hey..i am new here.i a in uk on a tier 4 visa doing my masters degree.i have visted the uk evry year since 2005 also.the ukba came to raid a home i shared with 3 friends.they came for a guy who just got married.we where all questioned and took our passport.after 2weeks wen we went to get our property like laptops and fones they told me i had gotten my visa by deception as i dint inform the IO that i had a british bf who i hav visited since 2005.that my visit visa was to visit my family not a boyfriend.i have my family and friends here and my reason for coming to uk at dat time wasnt sole for my casual boyfriend and at the time we were serious and wanted to get married,we applied for COA which was granted when i has returned to my country to apply for my student visa which was points based.when i returned feb 2010 i had changed my mind about the wedding so i return the COA to d ukba.so how have i been deceptive?they have asked me to leave the country to appeal in my country as my visa has been revolked.they also said i did a short course in 2008 during a visit and yes i approached the school who took copies of my passport and visa saying i could do a short course which they admited to the ukba.i have been asked to stop school half way and i am not allowed to work.this case has been on since may 2010.i got a solicitor who has sent a preaction PRotocol and was rejected and we have sent in JUDICIAL REVIEW TO THE HIGH COURT...it took so long because the TREasury solicitors have been asking me for more time to prepare thier grounds.why would they treat me in such manner when i have commited to crime or breached my stay??i have paid 11000pounds international school fees and they want me to let it go?i have been Traumatised..i even get panic attacks as i have never experienced such or anything close.my family is devastated and i cry evrytime at the thought of being rejected.i would have been completing my msc in january 2011 if i dint have this issue.i only suceeded to complete my ist semester.
PLS DO YOU THINK THIS IS A MERIT CASE AND THE JUDGE WILL GO TO MY FAVOUR??i wait for the judges respond as i write..

Zebrudaya

Post by Zebrudaya » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:00 pm

Dear queendee

I sympathisize with you over your treatment by the UKBA. Please cheer up and pull yourself together. You didn`t commit murder,rape or any terrorist act. Put another way, your solicitor can get you off the hook if both of you do your homework well. He has to explain clearly to the judge that you did not use deception etc, that doing a course is allowed for visit visa holders ( as unlike working which you didn`t do ) and that you have spent a tidy amount of money on schooling etc.

Also, I think you will benefit from imputs by more experienced people like moderators, gurus, members of standing etc on this forum.

Goodluck.

vignette

Post by vignette » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:05 am

For the record you can't study as a visitor - unless you specifically entered as a Student Visitor - I think that has been the case since 2007.

Not sure that it is relevant to your case though

bani

Post by bani » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:57 pm

I think your case has merit and I hope you have a good solicitor, who understands the immigration rules well.

I agree with you that you were not deceptive.

If you have family here in the UK and a boyfriend whom you weren't serious about yet, I don't see why you had to disclose that information. Proof that it wasn't a serious relationship – you didn't marry him during your earlier visit visas. And I hope you didn't overstay in any of those visits.

And there is nothing deceptive about applying for a COA as a visitor, then changing your mind and reentering the country on a Tier 4. Maybe the confusion is that if you were going to use the COA, you should have mentioned it in your Tier 4 application. When did you return the COA to UKBA, was it before you made your Tier 4 visa application?

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: ADVICE NEEDED.....going crazy on Ukba

Post by prisat » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:44 pm

queendee wrote:hey..i am new here.i a in uk on a tier 4 visa doing my masters degree.i have visted the uk evry year since 2005 also.the ukba came to raid a home i shared with 3 friends.they came for a guy who just got married.we where all questioned and took our passport.after 2weeks wen we went to get our property like laptops and fones they told me i had gotten my visa by deception as i dint inform the IO that i had a british bf who i hav visited since 2005.that my visit visa was to visit my family not a boyfriend.i have my family and friends here and my reason for coming to uk at dat time wasnt sole for my casual boyfriend and at the time we were serious and wanted to get married,we applied for COA which was granted when i has returned to my country to apply for my student visa which was points based.when i returned feb 2010 i had changed my mind about the wedding so i return the COA to d ukba.so how have i been deceptive?they have asked me to leave the country to appeal in my country as my visa has been revolked.they also said i did a short course in 2008 during a visit and yes i approached the school who took copies of my passport and visa saying i could do a short course which they admited to the ukba.i have been asked to stop school half way and i am not allowed to work.this case has been on since may 2010.i got a solicitor who has sent a preaction PRotocol and was rejected and we have sent in JUDICIAL REVIEW TO THE HIGH COURT...it took so long because the TREasury solicitors have been asking me for more time to prepare thier grounds.why would they treat me in such manner when i have commited to crime or breached my stay??i have paid 11000pounds international school fees and they want me to let it go?i have been Traumatised..i even get panic attacks as i have never experienced such or anything close.my family is devastated and i cry evrytime at the thought of being rejected.i would have been completing my msc in january 2011 if i dint have this issue.i only suceeded to complete my ist semester.
PLS DO YOU THINK THIS IS A MERIT CASE AND THE JUDGE WILL GO TO MY FAVOUR??i wait for the judges respond as i write..
You may be innocent... But the fact is people abuse the system and how did UKBA know that you have a UK Boy friend ?
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.