ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife of HSMP Dependant, Need Clarification

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Wife of HSMP Dependant, Need Clarification

Post by tehminamazher » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi All,

This is my first post and I am in a perplex. I am also not sure whether this is the right section to make this kind of post

I am here in UK on HSMP dependant visa since June 2010 along with my 8 years old daughter.

Today I home tested and was surprised to know that I have conceived.

Seniors , Moderators, Experts can u please advise me/ Help me/ Suggest me what to do as I have no relatives here and my head is roaming by different questions that have started to come in my mind.

Which medical treatment I can claim/ go for? (On my passport its written NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS)

Can I go to the my GP in the NHS, and if yes what to tell her?

What to tell my GP?

What will happen abt the nationality of the newborn?

This forum is full of HSMP immigrants from every corner of the world and I am sure someone here will surely sugest me some valuable information or share her experience

Tehmina

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:18 am

Is the main HSMP / Tier 1 (General) migrant resident and working in the UK? If so, you are entitled to NHS services. Visit your GP.

regards

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:01 am

Thanks sushdmehta

My husband is the main and has worked for two months and now is unemployed, he has sent the form to the HMRC for refund of overtax paid as he has no job at present . Also I am working in the one of the supermarkets for the last two months.

1) What will happen in this scenario?

2) Can I entitled to the Pregnancy prescriptions and the hospital bill?

3) What should I do either give birth to my baby here in UK or in my home country Pakistan.

4) What will be the status of the newborn?

Tehmina

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:16 am

You're entitled to NHS services.

As for the nationality of the child, if he is born before either parent is granted settlement he'll not be British at birth even if he is born in the UK.

regards

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:52 am

Thanks again sushdmehta

Would you please tell me that Pregnancy prescriptions and the hospital bill are included in the NHS Services

Thanks in advance

Tehmina

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:32 am

See also Prescription costs, Help with health costs (HC11) and Eligibility for free hospital treatment under the NHS.

Your GP should be able to advise you in detail.

regards