ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final Checks - ILR Success WP+Tier 1; Solihull PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

loosemary
Newly Registered

Final Checks - ILR Success WP+Tier 1; Solihull PEO

Post by loosemary » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:39 pm

Hi,
I'm applying for Settlement in Birmingham PEO next week. Could you please spend 2 mins to look at my pack and confirm I've got everything needed.

I've read most of the threads here and comfortable with what I'm doing but it's always best to be cross verified by a new pair of eyes. Thank you.

I'm basically 3 years WP + 2 years Tier 1 General with 31 days out of country. My wife is also applying with me as Dependant.

SET(o) application form version 11/2010
4 Passport Photos
3 months Payslips
3 months Bank Statements
5 years P60
2 Life in UK Pass certificates
2 Passports

In a seperate file I'm carrying other docs like Work Permit Approval Letter, Tier 1 Approval letter, other bank statements, payslips, utility bils etc..,

Am I right in thinking this is sufficient?
Last edited by loosemary on Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:04 pm

everything looks ok except employer letter, whilst not required for tier 1 but would be handy.

loosemary
Newly Registered

Post by loosemary » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:38 pm

Thanks xyz123. I thought the same. It would be handy even though its not necessary. Will get one. Thanks once again.

Natita

Post by Natita » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:09 am

Check that the application form is STILL the right version the day before your application.

harrys1234
Newly Registered

Post by harrys1234 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:19 am

Not to worrry urs documents are completed. I got my ILR with family at Birmingham PEO in October this year. Case worker will only do checks on her computer round about 15 to 20 min..

The docments she will ask.
No's of day out of UK.
Life in the UK test.
Last 3 months pay slips.

Make sure urs passport photos are only with in 4 weeks old.

GOOD LUCK

loosemary
Newly Registered

Post by loosemary » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:39 am

Thanks Natita. They've just released a new version couple of weeks back and that's very unlikely to change next week. Still I'll ensure it's valid on the day.

loosemary
Newly Registered

Post by loosemary » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:41 am

Thanks harrys1234. Just for this I took my photos last week. Thanks for the wishes.

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:39 pm

All the Best Loosemary..Post your experience here

rajathwp

Good Luck

Post by rajathwp » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Good Luck Mate Please post your detailed exp here ....

rajathwp

My View

Post by rajathwp » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:56 pm

Mate - I reckon no harm in carrying Marriage Certificate as my friend has carried the same while apply ILR in person with wife.

I would advise to carry 1 Year Payslip but it's up to you.

loosemary
Newly Registered

Post by loosemary » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:15 am

Thanks rajathwp and smaganti. I'll certainly post my exp.

I have last 2 years payslips and marriage certificate in a seperate file. Thanks once again.

ricky1975
Newly Registered

Post by ricky1975 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi,

I am going to Apply my PR soon but i have a question.

At page-7 of SET(O)-Which Category, should i ticket both Work Permit Holder and Tier 2 Migrant if i am using 4yrs WP + 1Yr T2?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Ricky

Natita

Post by Natita » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:44 pm

You should come under Tier 2 Migrant category. Section 9P gives a clue.

loosemary
Newly Registered

Post by loosemary » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:14 pm

A Big Thanks to everyone for all the valuable advice I received from this Forum. Here is a summary for others benefit.

Appointment was at 09:45. We reached there at 09:10. There is a pay & display car park for Dominion Court just behind the building.

When entering, the security desk/Reception will be on the right. He asked for name and confirmed appointment. He checked the Version of the application to make sure its latest. He then asked how we are going to pay and gave us a token but he didn’t ask us to pay.

We went thru airport style checking and sat in the waiting area and were called in at 09:50. The counters were like the ones in the bank with glass partitions in between. She greeted us, received the application and reviewed it. She did some checks on the computer for around 5mins. Then she asked whether I’m employed or self-employed. As I was employed she asked for last year’s P60, last month payslip, Life in UK Test certificate, Passports and Employer letter. She verified all of them and said she is happy to provide ILR. She then went inside with the passports saying she has to do some background checks and came back in a couple of minutes. She asked us to come back after 1.5hrs to collect the passport. She also retained the original documents that I gave her and didn’t ask me for any photocopies.

Finally she asked me to go to Counter 6 to make payment. I used my Debit card and the girl there called up some number to do authorization checks. She must’ve called the bank. She then asked my date of birth and first two letters of my password and passed it to the bank person on the phone. Following that she received a code number that she entered in the computer. She then confirmed payment is through and gave us a receipt.

We went out to the nearby shopping centre and spent some time. It was a nice place with plenty of eat-outs. We came back after 1.5hrs but the passports were still not ready. We waited for another hour and the lady in the reception called us to give the passport and other documents. However she kept the Employer letter with her saying they normally keep it with them.

Came out happily with Indefinite stickers on the passport……

Thanks once again to all of you……

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:02 pm

loosemary wrote:A Big Thanks to everyone for all the valuable advice I received from this Forum. Here is a summary for others benefit.

Appointment was at 09:45. We reached there at 09:10. There is a pay & display car park for Dominion Court just behind the building.

When entering, the security desk/Reception will be on the right. He asked for name and confirmed appointment. He checked the Version of the application to make sure its latest. He then asked how we are going to pay and gave us a token but he didn’t ask us to pay.

We went thru airport style checking and sat in the waiting area and were called in at 09:50. The counters were like the ones in the bank with glass partitions in between. She greeted us, received the application and reviewed it. She did some checks on the computer for around 5mins. Then she asked whether I’m employed or self-employed. As I was employed she asked for last year’s P60, last month payslip, Life in UK Test certificate, Passports and Employer letter. She verified all of them and said she is happy to provide ILR. She then went inside with the passports saying she has to do some background checks and came back in a couple of minutes. She asked us to come back after 1.5hrs to collect the passport. She also retained the original documents that I gave her and didn’t ask me for any photocopies.

Finally she asked me to go to Counter 6 to make payment. I used my Debit card and the girl there called up some number to do authorization checks. She must’ve called the bank. She then asked my date of birth and first two letters of my password and passed it to the bank person on the phone. Following that she received a code number that she entered in the computer. She then confirmed payment is through and gave us a receipt.

We went out to the nearby shopping centre and spent some time. It was a nice place with plenty of eat-outs. We came back after 1.5hrs but the passports were still not ready. We waited for another hour and the lady in the reception called us to give the passport and other documents. However she kept the Employer letter with her saying they normally keep it with them.

Came out happily with Indefinite stickers on the passport……

Thanks once again to all of you……

Congratulations loosemary...

Have you been asked only one P60..?

rajathwp

Many Congrats !!

Post by rajathwp » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:25 pm

At the outset Many Congrats !!

Can you please tell how did you book your appointment as i am unable to see any free slot at BA site.

Ta

loosemary
Newly Registered

Post by loosemary » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:37 am

Thanks smaganti. Yes I was asked only one P60 but it's better to carry for all 5yrs.

loosemary
Newly Registered

Post by loosemary » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:40 am

Thanks rajathwp. Even I couldn't get an appointment online. So as suggessted by many in this forum I called around 08:58 and got thru to a customer service lady immediately. Even when I called so early there was only one appointment left for the day I asked.

rajathwp

Many Thanks for swift reply

Post by rajathwp » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:37 pm

But i reckon now a days they don't accept ILR booking via phone ...Ta