ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent...PSW Invalid Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bbreddy

Urgent...PSW Invalid Application

Post by bbreddy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:18 pm

Hi All

My application is returned citing the reason that 'my application is invalid' due to using incorrect forms.

I applied on 29th Sep, but was returned on 11th Oct saying - they could not process my fees (but they returned the forms without the payment details form, and the bank refused their claim saying no transaction has been attempted)

So I reapplied on Oct 14th and paid using postal order. Today (after 58 days) I got my return application saying I have used an incorrect application form.

The letter also said - "arrangements have been made to return the fee which you submitted with this invalid application".

How do they refund the payment? Did anyone face this problem before?

I'm totally shocked to see this as I have been waiting for the past 2.5 months. Fortunately, I have been maintaining the bank balance of 800+ pounds for the past 6 months and have my leave until Jan 30.

btw, they also sent me the new forms to be used.

Do anyone of you know when did the form change?

I sincerely request the readers to post their comments/experiences so that everyone would be benefited out of it.

Many thanks

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:50 pm

It might because you have used the same form (the one they returned), as I am pretty sure there was no change in form before 22nd November, as the form before 22nd November was 6 September 2010.

Let's wait for experts opinion.

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Do you remember the date on the application form like "Use this form after 6th September etc"? and are you sure you have used PBS-Post-Study-Work form? I am very confused how can they call this incorrect form?

bbreddy

Post by bbreddy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:12 pm

therock wrote:Do you remember the date on the application form like "Use this form after 6th September etc"? and are you sure you have used PBS-Post-Study-Work form? I am very confused how can they call this incorrect form?
I just checked the form that I used has the date - "This form is to be used for applications made on or after 31 July 2010"

Could that be the reason?

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:14 pm

Sorry to hear that. That's exactly the reason, you have used a very old form, luckily you still have time till your LTR expires, so don't worry. Just manage to get your refund and resubmit the application.

bbreddy

Post by bbreddy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:22 pm

therock wrote:Sorry to hear that. That's exactly the reason, you have used a very old form, luckily you still have time till your LTR expires, so don't worry. Just manage to get your refund and resubmit the application.
Thanks for the inputs. Are you aware of any information related to when/where/how I would get my fee refund?

But, this is very unfair process given the time it took. They could have done that with one preliminary check? Anyways, can't help!

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:25 pm

I am very sorry for you, Please wait for expert advice from experts like sushdmehta, vinny etc. Thanks

bbreddy

Post by bbreddy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:41 pm

therock wrote:I am very sorry for you, Please wait for expert advice from experts like sushdmehta, vinny etc. Thanks
One quick query:

In one of my transactions the balance has gone to less than 800 pounds, but on the same day it went upwards of 800 through another transaction. (actually the later transaction was a bank-to-bank transfer and happened 2 days prior to this date, so when I was drawing cash in ATM, it showed the available balance with the later transaction included).

I just took a look at the statement, although both the transactions were dated on the same date - it didn't show any balance which is less than 800 pounds?

Do the UKBA guys check each transaction? Will it be any problem if I apply with this?

I know this question was asked before, can someone who has experienced this please advise?

Many thanks for this wonderful forum.

Cheers

janedoe
Newly Registered

Post by janedoe » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:50 am

Hello,

I had the same problem. My application was returned after 1 month of posting it, application being invalid on grounds of using the older version of the form (31st July). Unlike you my visa was already expired by then and I left England to go back to my home country and re-apply from here.
They said the same thing to me, that they will make arrangements to refund the application fee. Since I paid by cheque, I assumed they would send me a check but I don't know if they have done that yet or not.
I hope you get your money back asap.

bbreddy

Post by bbreddy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:54 am

janedoe wrote:Hello,

I had the same problem. My application was returned after 1 month of posting it, application being invalid on grounds of using the older version of the form (31st July). Unlike you my visa was already expired by then and I left England to go back to my home country and re-apply from here.
They said the same thing to me, that they will make arrangements to refund the application fee. Since I paid by cheque, I assumed they would send me a check but I don't know if they have done that yet or not.
I hope you get your money back asap.
Thank you for the info. Could you please let me know when did you get the letter? And do you know after how many days would they refund the money? Do you know any telephone number/email where we can talk to them regarding this?

Thank you.

janedoe
Newly Registered

Post by janedoe » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:03 pm

I got the letter and my documents back on 3rd November.
I was actually going to check with the person who gets my mail now to see whether a cheque has come through or now. I will check with him and let you know.
I don't have any specific telephone numbers to be honest, Just the one for general inquiries. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

bbreddy

Post by bbreddy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:06 pm

janedoe wrote:I got the letter and my documents back on 3rd November.
I was actually going to check with the person who gets my mail now to see whether a cheque has come through or now. I will check with him and let you know.
I don't have any specific telephone numbers to be honest, Just the one for general inquiries. They should be able to point you in the right direction.
Ok, Thanks for the prompt reply. Please keep us posted.

shoaibkhan622
Newly Registered

Invalid Application

Post by shoaibkhan622 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:07 pm

I am facing the same problem.I recived my application form on 18th of octobar as invalid application form because I had sent older virsion of form instead of new one.In the mean time my visa expired one month before I got my application back.I sent my documents back after 6 working days.And now waiting for decision.Any comments or suggestion.I will realy appreciate it.Thanks

bbreddy

Post by bbreddy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:19 pm

bbreddy wrote:
janedoe wrote:I got the letter and my documents back on 3rd November.
Ok, Thanks for the prompt reply. Please keep us posted.
Hi All

Just want to update you that I got the refund today for 550 pounds in the form of a check.

Hopefully, things would be better at least in the next attempt.

Cheers