ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent application query-Urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gunjan
Newly Registered

Dependent application query-Urgent

Post by gunjan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:31 pm

Hi

I am on Tier 4 student dependent visa currently and now applying as dependent on tier1- post study visa. There is a question in the dependent form on page 26 F10 asking about fingerprints,could you please advise ehat is this as they ask for details and am not sure what to write.

When I applied from India for Tier 4 student visa the VFS office took my fingerprints for the visa application but was given no details.

Thanks

Gunjan

arifhusni
Newly Registered

Post by arifhusni » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:00 am

Hi,

Same problem here...I posted something similar but no one is replying...this is what it wrote on the Dependapnt form section F rite -

"All dependants of Tier 1(General), Tier 2(Intra Company Transfer), Tier 2(Minister of Religion), Tier 2 (Sportsperson) and Tier 4(General) student migrants wehere the main applicant has been issued with a BRP go to F1."

Since we are students who were not issued with a BRP, does this mean that we can skip and go directly to Section G?

I bet you got ur visa before BRP was intoduced, same as me.

One of my friend just told me to fill up this part only in Section F -

F1 NO
F6 NO
F10 NO
F14 16 Years old or more

Because it is also stated that -

"It is mandatory to complete Section F if the person is a dependant of Tier 2......Tier 4 (General) Student migrant. If it is not complete, the application will be invalid and will be returned to the dependant"

So since my dependant now is on Tier 4 (General) I need to fill in Section F.

And yes, we did have our fingerprints taken back in our home country but that wasn't for a BRP. Our passport was stamped with the visa so that is the reason why no BRP or any other information was given.

If you answer Yes in F10, the next question F13 is absolutely an Unknown (for me it is). Did you asked the name of the person who took your fingerprints? If you know, then maybe you should put Yes in F10.

But I think it is not so crucial for us because we don't have a BRP because we got our Student Visa before BRP was introduced.

So I think that maybe we can ignore this part and just fill in F1, 6, 10 and 14.

I posted this similar topic because I need to double confirm this method. Say maybe someone has similar experience. Because the people who told me about this method was people who extended their student visa, not changing to PSW. They were sent a letter to go to get their fingerprints taken 'again' and given a proper document and issued a BRP.

I hope someone can help on this matter. plz

gunjan
Newly Registered

Post by gunjan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Hi

I called the ukba office today, they said if u came and u were not issued the BRP then those question dont apply to you as we dont have details of anytihng so just leave it

Hope this helps

arifhusni
Newly Registered

Post by arifhusni » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:42 pm

nice...i was about to mention the same thing...i called them as well...

cheers~

godfatherdon

wondering??

Post by godfatherdon » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:17 pm

Hi,
even we hv the same query here i.e., whether to fill sections F11,12,13. Before coming to UK my fingerprints were taken abroad it wasnt for brp. So in case if we fill f11,12,13 then they can access our biometric data and hence we not need provide fingerprints again. Though this saves loads of time, I wonder what might go wrong? :roll: