ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent VISA FOR MY BROTHER & parents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sdj1404
Newly Registered

Dependent VISA FOR MY BROTHER & parents

Post by sdj1404 » Sun May 14, 2006 12:31 pm

HI GUYS

I Have one querry :

I want my brother and my parents got their UK visa on dependent basis as i have already got my extension visa but i dont know the procedure to be followed to do the same. Can anybody guide me on following :

[1] my brother has just finished his masters degree he has previously applied for hsmp from home country but due to points below prescribed ( no credit were given for income criteria) and his application was rejected in hsmp. can he come down to uk as dependent on me, if yes what will be the procedure to follow. i am ready to offer support letter and bear all his expenses in uk, please guide. If no, than what will be theother alternative by which i can offer him and help him to settle in uk? please guide.

[2] regarding my parents who are also dependent on me what wiil be the procedure to follow . an early reply would be highly appreciated.

thanks in advance

JSD

sdj1404
Newly Registered

Post by sdj1404 » Sun May 14, 2006 1:34 pm

further to previous post, there was no rejection stamp on his passport, but only letter from home office saying his application for hsmp is not successful for my brother. can anyone guide on what are other options available for me so i can invite him in uk for work and to leave with me.

thanks in advance

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 14, 2006 3:04 pm

Using your numbering :-
  1. Your visa status is irrelevant. Your brother needs to make his own application for whatever, such as try again for HSMP or get a WP.
  2. How old are your parents? And are they totally dependent upon you financially?
John

sdj1404
Newly Registered

Post by sdj1404 » Sun May 14, 2006 6:39 pm

hi john thanks for your reply.

[1] can my brother re-apply for hsmp even though previously he was un successfull on income ground, he is now above 28, can i show to home office that (in his application for hsmp) i will provide and bear his cost of livingwhile he will be in uk?? please guide.

[2] yes my parents are dependent on me, i can show bank statement arrangements for cost of living provided to them and they are below 65. further, what other documents shall i submit to prove that they are dependent on me? whether they have to apply for any special category of visa or dependent visa or visitor visa??

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun May 14, 2006 7:38 pm

[1] can my brother re-apply for hsmp even though previously he was un successfull on income ground, he is now above 28, can i show to home office that (in his application for hsmp) i will provide and bear his cost of livingwhile he will be in uk?? please guide.
A person can apply for HSMP as many times as he wants. In your brother's case a fresh application would mean that he applies in the over 28 category.

As to the second part of your question, his ability to provide and maintain himself in UK will only be considered during Entry Clearence once he has obtained an HSMP approval. His HSMP will only be considered based on the point system alone and an assessment on weather he qualifies for those points or not.
[2] yes my parents are dependent on me, i can show bank statement arrangements for cost of living provided to them and they are below 65. further, what other documents shall i submit to prove that they are dependent on me? whether they have to apply for any special category of visa or dependent visa or visitor visa??
It is not straight forward to get a dependent visa for your parents, particularly when one of the qualifying criteria is that the parents be over the age of 65 years. They will only consider under 65 in exceptional compassionate circumstances. Also the fact that you have a brother back in your home country means that there is someone back home to help them and that they are not completely and utterly dependent on you. You mentioned that you can show the financial support you have provided for them. Do they have any other source of income like support from other children, pension etc. You will also have to proove beyond a resonable doubt that you can maintain and accomodate your parents here without any help from the public funds. These are just some of the criterias that the EC officer is going to use to judge your parents visa application. What you need to do is go through the rules carefully and consult a paid immigration consultant if neccesary before you even consider sending in a dependents visa application for your parents.

sdj1404
Newly Registered

Post by sdj1404 » Sun May 14, 2006 7:50 pm

Thanks Wazir for your reply.

do you know anyone i.e. reliable person to contact with to guide me professionally paid lawyer in the matter. !!

No They dont' have any other income except past savings and interest on the income / funds in banks.

Regarding brother's hsmp case, i will try to convince in home country to re apply on new grounds thanks once again.

Regards,
JSD

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun May 14, 2006 8:55 pm

do you know anyone i.e. reliable person to contact with to guide me professionally paid lawyer in the matter. !!
No

You could google or have a look at the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner's wesbite