ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uplift ratio

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mm11

Uplift ratio

Post by mm11 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:08 am

My 12 month earning was earned in a European country but I have relocated back to India just few days back and I will apply for Tier-1 from India. Should I use the uplift ratio for that European country or for India? I am guessing I should use the uplift ratio of that European country because in the points based calculator we need to select the country where we earned the money and based on that, it automoatically selects the uplift ratio.

What did other people do in similar case like mine?

Many thanks.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:28 am

You must use the uplift ratio of the country where the money was earned (e.g. the country where the work was performed). Therefore you must use the uplift ratio of the European country where you worked.

mm11

Post by mm11 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:02 am

mulderpf wrote:You must use the uplift ratio of the country where the money was earned (e.g. the country where the work was performed). Therefore you must use the uplift ratio of the European country where you worked.
What you are saying makes sense and I have the same opinion but back days I'd seen a case on this or another forum where somebody was applying for Tier-1 from UK but part of his earning (few months) was earned by him in India but the authorities did not accept that he used Indian uplift ratio because of the fact that now he was in UK.

Thanks.

ankitgoel26
Newly Registered

Post by ankitgoel26 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:29 am

Yeah that's correct.

The person who is physically working in UK cannot uplift his earnings from any other country. He can simply use the pounds sterling equivalent of his Indian earnings but not uplift it.

Hope it clears your doubt.

mm11

Post by mm11 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:34 am

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your reply. So, what do you say about my case. I earned my money in a European country but now I have relocated to India and I am going to apply from India. So, should I use the uplift ratio of the country where I earned money or where I am living now?

Thanks

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:43 am

mm11 wrote:Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your reply. So, what do you say about my case. I earned my money in a European country but now I have relocated to India and I am going to apply from India. So, should I use the uplift ratio of the country where I earned money or where I am living now?

Thanks
Place of application has got nothing to do with your past earnings.

Since your past earnings have been in Europe, you need to apply the uplift ratio for that country/place.
Thanks,
Sumit.

mm11

Post by mm11 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:02 am

I totally get it now. Thank you all for your kind and useful advice.

Cheers.