ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success PEO Solihull SET (O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

doop4
Newly Registered

ILR Success PEO Solihull SET (O)

Post by doop4 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:44 pm

Very pleasant office, I have to say. Having been there before earlier this year, I was very lucky because I got the same case worker, who believe it or not recognised me within a minute of me sitting down at the counter! I think this had a huge part to play in the process that followed.

My history: WP (1.5 year), HSMP (2 years), Tier 2 (1 year), Tier 1 (0.5 years) -with a gap in employment.

The lady asked me for my form and passports first. Then only asked me for my payslips since my last visit there in April this year. Nothing else- no bank statements, no P60s etc. Came back in 2 hours and picked up my passport.. All very pleasant overall.

P.S: She mentioned that the official leave period was 225 days. I was well under that though.

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Hi,

Congratulations..why have you been there before is it because of 225 days out of uk..you have to go back now...

Did you submitted your P60's before or didn't submit P60's at all..?

doop4
Newly Registered

Post by doop4 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:36 am

smaganti wrote:Hi,

Congratulations..why have you been there before is it because of 225 days out of uk..you have to go back now...

Nope, I was there to apply for my Tier 1 which eventually has turned out to be my shortest visa despite it being valid till 2013 as I already qualified for ILR.

No P60s were asked or submitted. I would strongly recommend avoiding unnecessary submission of documents that were not requested in the form.

I went ready to only submit
1) employer’s letter
2) payslips x 12 months
Because this is what was asked for in the form. They were specific about payslips OR bank statements etc. So why hand in both when they ask for only one?

As a back up I had
1)bank statements x 3 months
2) P60s (some were lost so only took what I had) x 3

the above two were not required eventually.

I think some of this depends on your case worker as well. Some people get into a trend of requesting P60s and payslips which I think is not necessary because they both give the same information so why need two sources for one piece of info? I would also recommend going to a less crowded PEO but then again this comes down to what sort of case worked you get. Good luck with your application.

nineteen

Post by nineteen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:25 am

Hi you said Gap in employment. How many months gap in employment and is that gap in current year?

thanks

doop4
Newly Registered

Post by doop4 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:51 pm

nineteen wrote:Hi you said Gap in employment. How many months gap in employment and is that gap in current year?

thanks

Well I had a few days gap in employment in the current year but had the right number of payslips because the gap was less than a month. If you are on a Tier 1, I don’t think they’ll reject people based on gaps in employment in the current year. I think the most crucial part is to be employed at the point o f submitting the form.

I’ve had a much larger gap in my previous year.

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:41 pm

doop4 wrote:
smaganti wrote:Hi,

Nope, I was there to apply for my Tier 1 which eventually has turned out to be my shortest visa despite it being valid till 2013 as I already qualified for ILR.

No P60s were asked or submitted. I would strongly recommend avoiding unnecessary submission of documents that were not requested in the form.

I went ready to only submit
1) employer’s letter
2) payslips x 12 months
Because this is what was asked for in the form. They were specific about payslips OR bank statements etc. So why hand in both when they ask for only one?

As a back up I had
1)bank statements x 3 months
2) P60s (some were lost so only took what I had) x 3

the above two were not required eventually.

I think some of this depends on your case worker as well. Some people get into a trend of requesting P60s and payslips which I think is not necessary because they both give the same information so why need two sources for one piece of info? I would also recommend going to a less crowded PEO but then again this comes down to what sort of case worked you get. Good luck with your application.

Thanks Doop for your advice and congratulations once again