ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BOC to full British

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jigshir
Newly Registered

BOC to full British

Post by jigshir » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:20 am

can you clear this issues of person of BOC related your web

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

ukba require authority letter for person not hold any other citizenship AND above in link regarded Dual nationality under

6.5(page 3) If a child who is a dual national by birth fails to renounce their other citizenship prior to reaching the age of majority or acquires a passport in their other nationality before reaching the age of 18 they will lose Indian citizenship.

6.2 (page 3)This means that no adult (18 and over) can hold Indian citizenship in conjunction with any other nationality or citizenship - but see 6.6

6.6 (page 3)If, despite the prohibition on dual nationality, an applicant has been issued with a passport or other formal document describing him as an Indian citizen, it should not be assumed that it has been issued incorrectly. In such cases, we should write to the applicant/agent along the lines explained in paragraph 4.5 of Annex D
4.5 (page 2) When considering cases where a child potentially has a route to Indian citizenship via registration we should ask for evidence that the child has not been registered.

Indian children therefore also automatically lose their claim to Indian citizenship if at any time after birth they acquire a citizenship of another country by, for example, naturalisation or registration — even if the acquisition of another citizenship was done as a result of actions by the child's parents.
The acquisition of another country's passport is also deemed under the Citizenship Rules, 1956 to be voluntary acquisition of another country’s nationality. Rule 3 of Schedule III of the Citizenship Rules, 1956 states that "the fact that a citizen of India has obtained on any date a passport from the Government of any other country shall be conclusive proof of his having voluntarily acquired the citizenship of that country before that date". Again, this rule applies even if the foreign passport was obtained for the child by his or her parents
It does not matter that a person continues to hold an Indian passport. Persons who acquire another citizenship lose Indian citizenship from the date on which they acquire that citizenship or another country's passport. The prevailing practice at a number of British diplomatic posts, for example, is to impound and return to the Indian authorities the Indian passports of those applicants who apply for and are granted British passports

if when i born my mother held a BRITISH SUBJECT:CUKC citizen(without right of abode) that means at a time i lost Indian citizenship and Indian authority if issued any documents or passport (my indian passport issued age of 19)relating Indian citizenship(after age 18 six months was an error at a time i was not a citizen of that country so can i get as birth first of BOC status

my another question is as a result of becoming a BOC under Indian nationality act 1955 acquisition of another country’s passport deprivation of its citizenship. AND UKBA BELIEVE For the purposes of registration under section 4B, we would regard the loss of another country’s citizenship in this way as “voluntaryâ€

ben_scaro

Post by ben_scaro » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:42 pm

read roughly the same argument either here or in another forum, and i think the answer then was 'no' too.

ben