ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW to Tier 1 (General) Visa application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amoid
Newly Registered

PSW to Tier 1 (General) Visa application

Post by amoid » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:21 pm

I have PSW visa which i got in January 2010. I am unable to apply for Tier1 General Visa before April 2011, So i have decided to apply for Tier 2 General visa after April 2011. I wanted to know that do i a need a CoS from Employer. I did the self assessment from UKBA point based calculator and selected "No" in [Do you have a certificate of sponsorship from your sponsor? ]. After completing assessment it says "You appear to have enough points to apply for permission to stay in the United Kingdom (known as 'leave to remain') under the skilled worker category of tier 2."

Following are the result of point based calculator:

Select which tier you are applying under. --> Tier 2 (Skilled workers)
Select what category of tier 2 you are applying under. --> Tier 2 (General)
Where are you applying from? --> Inside the United Kingdom with permission to enter or stay
What type of application are you making? -->Switching your current immigration category in the United Kingdom
Do you have a certificate of sponsorship from your sponsor? --> No
Is the job on the list of shortage occupations, or was it on the list when you got your certificate of sponsorship if you have one? --> Yes

I also saw here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... g/#header2, I can get the 30 points if i apply under psw visa.

Please guide me,

Regards,
AM

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:05 am

Without sponsorship (CoS) from a licensed employer you cannot apply for leave to enter / remain as a Tier 2 migrant.

regards

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:00 pm

hi there amoid,
i think ur best bet is not to go for that option, if ur employer is applying now for COS, coz they r jst rejecting it anyways, apart from the ones on shortage occupation list on salary above 20k and ones who have a high end salary, like above 32k in a non-shortage occupation list.
if u read other posts u'll get an idea of how unfair the people at homeoffice r getting.

amoid
Newly Registered

Post by amoid » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:05 pm

Well i am not applying right now still i have 12 months, i will apply in november but i will force my company to apply for CoS in September or October 2011. I hope by that time things will be in shape or will be far better then current.

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:00 pm

yes, hopefully they might ease on T2.. but thats only wat i think..