ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asdf786

Tier 1 Dependent Extension

Post by asdf786 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi,

I am working here as Tier 1 Migrant and i will be completing my 5 years in April 2013. My wife got Tier 1 Dependent visa last month and has same expiry date like me.

She might not come and join me earlier. So at the time of my ILR application should would not be fulfilling the requirements of 2 year time period. What will she be doing for her extension?

Thanks

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:33 pm

get your ILR and then she will need to apply for dependent visa based on your ILR.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:10 pm

qfmomen wrote:She might not come and join me earlier. So at the time of my ILR application should would not be fulfilling the requirements of 2 year time period. What will she be doing for her extension?
If she doesn't travel to UK, then there is no question of "extension". She will then need to apply for entry clearance as spouse of settled person.

regards

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:12 am

Thanks for your reply.

xyzxyz123: What kind of dependent Visa it would be?

sushdmehta: Yes this is what seems to me but you know i have to apply 28 days before my visa expires. I have to wait for my application result and if it takes more than 28 days and by then then my wife visa would expire as her visa expiry date is same as mine. how will i be applying for her?

She has to go back to home country or she can stay? completely clueless about this...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:19 am

1. Apply for settlement (self) in person instead of by post, and upon (you) being granted settlement your wife applies for leave to remain as spouse of settled person, or
2. Make sure that your wife becomes eligible for settlement at the same time as you, or
3. Your wife returns to home country before expiry of her leave, and after you are granted settlement, she applies for entry clearance as spouse of settled person.

This said,
sushdmehta wrote:No one can tell you today what the rules may be in April 2013.

regards