ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Use of Points beyond Eligibility??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NRajkumar
Newly Registered

Use of Points beyond Eligibility??

Post by NRajkumar » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:29 pm

Dear Friends,
I have a question on the points based calculator and the use of points.

Are the points scored solely to find out the eligibility or is it also used beyond checking eligibility, i.e more points the more priority or more the chance one has to get the visa?

For example if there are two applications, one has 85 points (for the attributes) and the other has 90 points(attributes) will the person with 90 points have a better chance provided both the applicants have given all the necessary documents?

Thanks and Regards,
Raj

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:40 pm

It is used for eligibility only. Someone who scores 120 gets no priority above someone who scores 100.

MattDell

Post by MattDell » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:58 pm

mulderpf wrote:It is used for eligibility only. Someone who scores 120 gets no priority above someone who scores 100.
Isn't this changing in April, though? I thought I read where they will begin giving priority to the highest points earners each month.

silverline

Post by silverline » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:56 pm

I also read it somewhere but don't remember the exact reference/source........

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:22 am

The MAC report suggested it, but UKBA has mentioned nothing of the sort.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:57 am

MattDell wrote:
mulderpf wrote:It is used for eligibility only. Someone who scores 120 gets no priority above someone who scores 100.
Isn't this changing in April, though? I thought I read where they will begin giving priority to the highest points earners each month.
From April, Tier 1 G will die. You are probably talking about Tier 2.

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:02 am

ukswus wrote:
MattDell wrote:
Tier 1 General would be getting replaced by Tier 1 for Investors, Entrepenuers and highly talented persons.

Probably then the 'maximum points gets the Visa first' would be applicable.

But as far as till 31st March, 2010, 100 points is what you need. Beyond that is of no use.
Thanks,
Sumit.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:09 am

neosumit wrote:
ukswus wrote:
MattDell wrote:
Tier 1 General would be getting replaced by Tier 1 for Investors, Entrepenuers and highly talented persons.

Probably then the 'maximum points gets the Visa first' would be applicable.

But as far as till 31st March, 2010, 100 points is what you need. Beyond that is of no use.
There will be no cap on Tier 1 investors and entrepreneurs, so the "maximum points will get you visa first" will not apply there. Either you have the money, or you don't.

Same story for "exceptionally talented people"- they will be considered with completely different criteria from Tier 1 G.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:51 pm

It was simply a suggesting for dealing with Tier 1 (General) NOT TIER 2 applicants. Government didn't use many of the MAC's suggestions and probably won't use this one either.