ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

initial application - joint application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sdj1404
Newly Registered

initial application - joint application

Post by sdj1404 » Mon May 15, 2006 7:19 pm

HI GUYS,

THIS IS ABOUT MY BROTHER

HIS AGE IS 29
HE IS BACHELOR OF COMMERCE 1997
HE IS HAVING MASTER OF COMMERCE IN 2002
WORKED AS ACCOUNTANT FROM 1997 TO 1999
PROMOTED TO ACCOUNTS MANAGER IN 2000
SALARY IN INDIAN RUPEES IS 35Kx12 =420K PER ANNUM

HIS WIFE IS HAVING BSC - BACHELOR OF SCIENCE DEGREE AND SPECIALITY COURSE IN DIPLOMA IN LAB TECHNICIAN, IN 2000 QUALIFICATION

HER MONTHLY INCOME IS 1OK I.E. 120 K INDIAN RUPEES,

SHE IS UNDER 28 OF AGE,

NOW CAN SOME ONE PLEASE GUIDE ME FOR FOLLOWING:

[1] I HAVE CALCULATED TOTAL POINTS FOR BOTH OF THEM TO QUALIFY FOR HSMP APPLICATION UNDER EACH CRITERIA. PLEASE ADD THEM FOR PARTNERS ACHIEVEMENT AS I DONT KNOW HOW MANY POINTS TO ADD?? PLEASE GUIDE WHETHER IT IS CORRECT OR NOT? AND GIVE ACTUAL OTHER RESULT IF U HAVE PLEASE REFER BELOW :

[2] I M IN UK RIGHT NOW CAN I FILE THEIR FILE FOR HSMP INITIAL APPLICATION FROM UK DOES IT MAKE ANY FASTER PROCESS?

[3] INCOME AND AGE OF SPOUCE SHALL BE CONSIDERED FOR QUALIFYING POINTS.??

[4] ANY OTHER IMPORTANT MATTER FOR FIRST TIME JOINT APPLICANT WHICH THEY NEEDS TO TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION,

[5] APPROXIMATE PROCESSING TIME UNDER NEW CHANGED SCHEME.

-GRADUATE 15 POINTS
-MASTERS 25 POINTS
-ABOVE 28
BUT
5 YEARS FULL TIME EXPERIENCE
INCLUDING TWO YEARS SENIOR 35 POINTS
- INCOME BAND 25 POINTS [ 5000GBP INDIA]

PARTNERS ACHIEVEMENT ????????

TOTAL POINTS ACTUAL 100 POINTS
REQUIRED POINT TO QUALIFY 65 POINTS

PLEASE GUIDE WHETHER ABOVE IS CORRECT AND ANY OTHER IMPORTANT MATTER FROM SENIOR MEMBERS.

As advised in the forum, i would like to submit here that my brother has submitted his application previously under 28 criteria in 2005 January but hsmp application was unsuccessful, because no credit was given for income criterial !!, now he will submitting above 28 criterial joint with his wife and that's why above querry is submitted. early reply would be highly appreciated.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
THANKS

otun

Post by otun » Mon May 15, 2006 8:26 pm

your case is a bit pathetic though, but there is really nothing anybody can do.

your brother should perfect his documents and reapply taking into consideration the wife as dependent.

who knows with a stroke of luck he may get it and with you being there.......

cheers

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Joint Application ???

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 16, 2006 6:41 am

Unfortunately I tend to agree with Otun on this one !!

Anyways, here's my feedback:-
1. Going forward, appreciate if you do not write in CAPITAL. Bad manners !!
2. You said you brother is 29 yo. In this case the minimum salary (UK equivalent) is GBP 7500 and NOT GBP 5000 (check HSMP guidelines for 28+ category).
3. Haven't heard of a "Joint Application" before. There's the principal applicant, and depending on individual circumstances one can get 10 points for spouse's qualification / experience.
4. You cannot add spouse's wages to the salary of the principal applicant in an effort to show that the principal applicant meets / exceeds the minimum income requirement.
5. As mentioned earlier, one can get a maximum of 10 points only for partner's qualification / work experience.

From what I have understood from your inputs, I would calculate the points as follows (assuming your brother is the principal applicant):-
a) Education = 25
b) Work Exp. = 35 (provided your brother can prove 2 year's of "senior level" experience)
c) Income = 0
d) Partner's achievement = 10 (B.Sc qualification).
Total = 70

Suggest that you go through the guidance notes very carefully.

Hope this helps !!

regards

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue May 16, 2006 12:59 pm

As has been pointed out, there is no such thing as a joint application.

The only other thing I would like to add to the detailed comments you have recieved is that in order to get the 10 points for partner's eduction or work experience, the applicant needs to be abe to prove that they have been living together for 2 years and submit 3 or 4 different kind of evidence for that. You should look at the guidance notes as this is explained in detail. If you dont satisfy the case worker on this point, you will not get the 10 points even if your spouse is a graduate or has lot of work experience.