ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Tier - 1 can be extended after April 2011

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KillerPlug
Newly Registered

Can Tier - 1 can be extended after April 2011

Post by KillerPlug » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi

I am on Tier 1 now expiring in 2013 but could someone tell me if I can extend tier1 after that period as the new rule UKBA just says it will be closed altogether but doesn't mention anything about extension for existing tier 1 holders.

Thanks in advance!

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Re: Can Tier - 1 can be extended after April 2011

Post by adityaisukapalli » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:49 pm

KillerPlug wrote:Hi

I am on Tier 1 now expiring in 2013 but could someone tell me if I can extend tier1 after that period as the new rule UKBA just says it will be closed altogether but doesn't mention anything about extension for existing tier 1 holders.

Thanks in advance!
People here are fighting on this issue for last 1 month, every day. As far as we know, the Tier-1 General extensions will not be affected even after April 2011.

Lets wait and see for the update in UKBA website.

neosumit

Re: Can Tier - 1 can be extended after April 2011

Post by neosumit » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:45 pm

adityaisukapalli wrote:
KillerPlug wrote:Hi

Thanks in advance!
People here are fighting on this issue for last 1 month, every day. As far as we know, the Tier-1 General extensions will not be affected even after April 2011.

Lets wait and see for the update in UKBA website.
Tier 1 extensions has to be based on the rule existing at the date of application. I do not see any reason for people to get worried as far as extensions are concerned.

For ILR though any change is rules would be for everyone irrespective of when the Tier-1 was granted.
Thanks,
Sumit.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:39 pm

Until such time that the govt. / UKBA announces any changes to immigration rules regarding leave to remain (extension), the rules remain as specified in Part 6A (245AA-245G) and Part 8 (319A-319K) of the immigration rules.

regards

prash.dba
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa extensions

Post by prash.dba » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:59 pm

I believe General Teir 1 visa extensions will not be affected by the recent closure of the visa from April 2011.
The following two links give some information on extensions, the leave to remain category will be processed as usual.

Check out the statement of statement of changes in immigration rules HC 698 in the following link. The entry to UK has been deleted which means the visa is no more for people applying outside of UK

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ofchanges/

The following is the link for the Immigration rules which gives requirements to be eligible for Leave to remain ( Extension).

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/

I hope the extensions are not affected. Please let me know your comments if anyone knows otherwise.

--Thanks
prash.dba