ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhi_2361
Newly Registered

Dependant Visa Query

Post by abhi_2361 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:54 am

I’m a married woman and planning to apply for Tier 1 in Jan 2011. We plan to apply for my husband’s dependent visa later and not with my own visa application.

In this case, we are not sure what to put in the section 5.1 where it asks you [i][quote]“Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later? If they are travelling later please provide their date of travel in Part 7. Yes/No/NA
[/i][/quote]

If we put yes, we don’t have a travel date as of now. And if we put No, would that pose a problem when filing for dependent visa later??

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:53 am

i don't think you will have any issue but I would apply for dependent at same time so to save money.

abhi_2361
Newly Registered

Post by abhi_2361 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:42 pm

But if you apply for Tier1 from outside UK, the visa fees for the dependent is same as the main applicant either you apply at the same time or later.

Can you give me a reference, where did you get this information that the fee is lesser for dependent if applied at the same time of mail applicant?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

innocentdevil wrote:i don't think you will have any issue but I would apply for dependent at same time so to save money.
There's no money saving when applying outside the UK.

However, applying for dependant entry clearance after being granted Tier 1 (General) leave to enter / remain does offer some benefits:
1. If you apply together, main migrant's application refusal will automatically lead to dependent application refusal - loss of dependent fees unnecessarily.
2. Dependent EC refusal is given a full right of appeal when the main migrant has already been granted leave to enter/remain.

regards