ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mapping the degree to point based calculator

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhi_2361
Newly Registered

Mapping the degree to point based calculator

Post by abhi_2361 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:51 am

I’ve done Masters in Computer Application, New Delhi.
So in order to claim points for Qualification, I’m filling in the below details (all from the drop downs available).

Country of Award - India
State - Delhi
Qualification - Master's Degree
Institution or body - <Univ name from drop down>
Course Length: 3 or less than 4
Course Subject: IT/Computer Science
Year of Award: <Yr>

As can be seen in the point based calculator, there is no separate row for M.C.A and thus I’ve selected Masters’s degree in the qualification drop down.

I’m little confused whether they would accept this mapping or do I need to have the exact degree in the drop down list. And since I do not have it the exact degree name in the list (but master's as general), whether I would need a NARIC certificate for the same.

Same applies to my Bachelor’s Degree (for points in English), I have done B.C.A. and I’m selecting the Bachelor’s degree from the drop down.

Kindly resolve if these mappings (i.e. M.C.A. -> Master’s Degree(IT/CS) and B.C.A. -> Bachelor’s Degree(IT/CS)) would work or do I need to get a special NARIC certificate for it.[/img]

abhi_2361
Newly Registered

Post by abhi_2361 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:45 pm

Can the experts please reply to this post? As this is very important for me to get this information.

d127
Newly Registered

Post by d127 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:36 am

I think you'll have to get a NARIC certificate if your degree doesn't show in Point based calculator.

abhi_2361
Newly Registered

Urgent help needed, seniors please reply

Post by abhi_2361 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:40 am

Can some senior members or moderators please reply to this. Its an urgent matter. Would be grateful for your help