ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mashroom1
Newly Registered

ICE...

Post by mashroom1 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:17 am

This is Ridiculous as mosts others have now even attended the ceremonies. Are you sure you do not have anything needing detailed investigations on your case? (In case..... apologies if not..As this is the only thing can delay that much...)

ICEBREAKER wrote:
Smallfamily wrote:
ICEBREAKER wrote:It has been more than 2 months now and ukba is still saying my applicarion is under process.

Mate have u heard anything from HO... any update??

nothing bro am still waiting. I hate ukba, because their system is based on random selection first in last one out. I think my case worker went on maternity leave or something lol.what can i do apart from wait and wait.

desisongs
Newly Registered

Post by desisongs » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:10 am

hi tech lemon,

My timeline is similar to yours, just 3-4 days behind.

Would be good to know if you hear from HO.

cheers
technical_lemon wrote:NCS or Postal: NCS
HSMP JR 4+1 yr
Date of submission: 5th November 2010
Date reached HO: 08th November 2010
Date of Debit Card deduction: 18th November 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 24 November (Dated 22nd November)
Date UKBA made decision: waiting

I called HO today and they told me that they are doing some external checks which may take some time..also they told me to call back again if its over 6month and you did not here anything from HO...

technical_lemon

Post by technical_lemon » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:54 pm

No news yet....I am still waiting and i guess we should be get bit concerned only after 2 months (after submission date)...

ICEBREAKER

Re: ICE...

Post by ICEBREAKER » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:45 pm

mashroom1 wrote:This is Ridiculous as mosts others have now even attended the ceremonies. Are you sure you do not have anything needing detailed investigations on your case? (In case..... apologies if not..As this is the only thing can delay that much...)

ICEBREAKER wrote:
Smallfamily wrote:
ICEBREAKER wrote:It has been more than 2 months now and ukba is still saying my applicarion is under process.

nothing bro am still waiting. I hate ukba, because their system is based on random selection first in last one out. I think my case worker went on maternity leave or something lol.what can i do apart from wait and wait.
No nothing, no criminal record,no confiction, i am clean as baby, but ukba likes to keep my application

lanr3e

Re: ICE...

Post by lanr3e » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:23 pm

ICEBREAKER wrote:
No nothing, no criminal record,no confiction, i am clean as baby, but ukba likes to keep my application
Are you self employed? Do you have or have u had tax issues? What's your current Nationality? It could be that extensive security checks are being done especially if you surname common...

TC

Post by TC » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:15 pm

Duderico wrote:Date of ILR Jr Approval: 04 December 2009 (Applied on 07/Nov /09)
NCS or Postal: Postal
Date of submission: 08th Nov 2010
Date of receipt of application at UKBA Liverpool: 09th Nov 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 15th Nov 2010 dated 11/11/2010
Date UKBA made decision: 03 December 2010
Date of receipt of Approval: 04 December 2010
Date of receipt of invitation to ceremony: Awaiting
Date of ceremony -Awaiting
Date of Passport application - Awaiting
IPS letter for interview sent out on Awaiting
IPS letter for interview received Awaiting
Date of Interview: Awaiting
Receipt of passport: Awaiting

Life in UK Test certificate is missing from the documents returned from HO. I think HO will keep it.

Please advice where Can I find the information related to Passport application and required documents
You have applied one year since the date of application for ILR and not when you received ILR. Are you sure about this?
My ILR stamp is on 09 Feb 2010, I had applied on 21 Dec 2009. I am planning to apply for naturalisation in Feb. But from what you have done it looks like I can apply in December??

sweetluar
Newly Registered

Post by sweetluar » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:56 pm

Final Timeline

NCS or Postal: NCS
CRITERIA - 5 + years + 1 year PR
Date of submission: 1st October 2010
Date reached 4th October
Date of Debit Card deduction: 7th October
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter:8th October
UKBA asked for further docs 1: Received letter on 25th October
Sent further docs 1: 25th October
UKBA asked for further docs 2 (different docs): Received letter on 4th November
Sent further docs 2: 4th November
Date UKBA made decision: 8th November
Date of receipt of approval: 11th November
Date of receipt of Ceremony Invitation letter: 19/11
Date of ceremony - 23/11
Date of Passport application - 24/11
Date of Interview letter receipt - 27/11
Date of receipt of supporting documents -4/12
Date of Passport interview - 10/12
Date of receipt of passport - 16/12

Just in time for Christmas!!!!

khaweriba

Applying via NCS

Post by khaweriba » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Dear All

I have not found PAYMENT SLIPS in FORM AN.. please advise how to pay the fee via DEBIT CARD.

Thanks.

Khawer

Smallfamily

Re: Applying via NCS

Post by Smallfamily » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:52 pm

khaweriba wrote:Dear All

I have not found PAYMENT SLIPS in FORM AN.. please advise how to pay the fee via DEBIT CARD.

Thanks.

Khawer
I enclosed a cheque with my application.

cityboy
Newly Registered

My TimeLine

Post by cityboy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:06 pm

CRITERIA - 6Years(RC + PR)
Date of submission: 1 Nov 2010
Date reached HO: 2 Nov 2010
Date of Debit Card deduction: 4 Nov 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 8 Nov 2010 ( Dated 4 Nov 2010)
Date UKBA made decision: 13 Dec 2010
Date of receipt of approval: 15 Dec 2010 (Enclosed Special Delivery Envelope with application)
Date of receipt of Ceremony Invitation letter: TBA
Date of ceremony - TBA

Called UKBA on Monday 13 Dec2010 @ about 09:05 telling them my application has stayed longer than normal :evil: and requesting them to return my spouses passport to enable us travel for Xmas.
My application was approved same day I called making the request :) . (Maybe it gave them the opportunity to review my abandoned application)
I’m very grateful to everyone on this forum and a very SPECIAL thanks to GURU OBIE for helping me with invaluable directives from my PR application to my Citizenship Application.
I also wish everyone waiting approval the best !!! including ICEBREAKER

blue.olive

Re: Applying via NCS

Post by blue.olive » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:37 am

khaweriba wrote:Dear All

Thanks.

Khawer
Please find enclosed the payment slip for AN form

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... y-fees.pdf

Regards
Olive

manutd666

Post by manutd666 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:13 pm

Date of submission: 1st November 2010
Date reached HO: 2nd November 2010
Date of Debit Card deduction: 4th November 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 10th November (Dated 4th November)
Date UKBA made decision: 25th November
Date of receipt of approval letter: 26th November
Date of receipt of Ceremony Invitation letter: 6th December ( dated 29th November)
Date of ceremony: 8th December ( Public)
Date of Passport application: 8th December (postal)
Date of receipt of supporting documents: 15 December ( enclosed a special delivery envelope)
Date of Interview letter receipt: 16 December ( booked the interview over the phone)
Date of Passport interview : 17 December
Date of receipt of passport:

banda
Newly Registered

when to apply for naturalisation

Post by banda » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:37 am

Hi all,

i got my ilr on 1st Nov 2010 under long residence category. i travelled abroad for 3 weeks after that. is there any number of days that i shouldn't be out of UK. When can i apply for my naturalisation certificati

i look forward for your advices

blue.olive

Re: when to apply for naturalisation

Post by blue.olive » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:48 am

banda wrote:Hi all,

i got my ilr on 1st Nov 2010 under long residence category. i travelled abroad for 3 weeks after that. is there any number of days that i shouldn't be out of UK. When can i apply for my naturalisation certificati

i look forward for your advices
not more then 90 days in last 12 months

wp_to_tier1_168

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:38 am

My timeline

Criteria: 5 yrs wp/Tier1 + 1 yr ILR (myself and a uk-born Child)
Date of submission: 1st Dec 2010
Date reached HO: 2nd Dec 2010
Date of Debit Card deduction: 8th Dec 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 11th Dec (Dated 7th Dec)
Date of receipt of approval letter and Ceremony invitation letter:
Date of ceremony:

BR, thanks.

home263
Newly Registered

Post by home263 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:32 pm

BJ21 wrote:
ICEBREAKER wrote:
Smallfamily wrote:

hi Ice-Breaker
very sad to know that you'r still waiting, hope soon will be hear good news from you. Good Luck. BJ21
ICEBREAKER just call them up tell them you need your Passport for work or travel

technical_lemon

Post by technical_lemon » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:49 pm

if we compare the data it looks like POSTAL application are quicker than NCS..

one reason is self addressed next day delivery enclose envelop

do you think any other reason postal application are treated quickly ? the reason we use NCS normally an expert checkup to speedup the application and minimize any error

also when you have sent your application via postal method you can ask for your Passports and they will fast track your application

any thoughts?

cityboy
Newly Registered

Post by cityboy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:12 pm

home263 wrote:
BJ21 wrote:
ICEBREAKER wrote:
Smallfamily wrote:

hi Ice-Breaker
very sad to know that you'r still waiting, hope soon will be hear good news from you. Good Luck. BJ21
ICEBREAKER just call them up tell them you need your Passport for work or travel

I think so as well. You've got nothing to loose except special delivery postage to return your passport back to them.
Could be an opportunity to have a 2nd look @ your application.

mrsahmed

Post by mrsahmed » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:02 pm

technical_lemon wrote:if we compare the data it looks like POSTAL application are quicker than NCS..

one reason is self addressed next day delivery enclose envelop

do you think any other reason postal application are treated quickly ? the reason we use NCS normally an expert checkup to speedup the application and minimize any error

also when you have sent your application via postal method you can ask for your Passports and they will fast track your application

any thoughts?
I agree with you! The problem is when they havent got your passport for you to request it back, they then think it can go to the back of the queue!

ICEBREAKER

Post by ICEBREAKER » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:18 pm

cityboy wrote:
home263 wrote:
BJ21 wrote:
ICEBREAKER wrote:
hi Ice-Breaker

i have used NCS and i do have my passport, NCS gives back your passport at the spot.

mrsahmed

Post by mrsahmed » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:40 am

well ICEBREAKER if you come up with any ways that get them to look at your case pease let us know as we are in the same situation as yourself. Thanks

wp_to_tier1_168

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:37 am

wp_to_tier1_168 wrote:My timeline

Date of ceremony:

BR, thanks.
Update:
Just called UKBA and was told that their decision has been made on 15 Dec :) however they were relunctant to disclose whether it's approved or not. Due to the adverse weather condition the notification letter hasn't been dispatched yet and they will send this week. I can't do but wait... Now I'm feeling the difference between Postal application and NCS... Finger crossed!!!

saurya_s

Post by saurya_s » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:49 pm

wp_to_tier1_168 wrote:

Date of ceremony:

BR, thanks.
Update:
Just called UKBA and was told that their decision has been made on 15 Dec :) however they were relunctant to disclose whether it's approved or not. Due to the adverse weather condition the notification letter hasn't been dispatched yet and they will send this week. I can't do but wait... Now I'm feeling the difference between Postal application and NCS... Finger crossed!!!
Hi there,
What is the difference- 'Now I'm feeling the difference between Postal application and NCS'?
Many thanks,
S

wp_to_tier1_168

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:17 am

saurya_s wrote:
wp_to_tier1_168 wrote:

Date of ceremony:

BR, thanks.
Update:
Hi there,
What is the difference- 'Now I'm feeling the difference between Postal application and NCS'?
Many thanks,
S
Hi,

Now that my application has passed the decision stage, it seems that I will have to await the decision letter (2nd class) for much longer time than the special delivery with postal application, especially in the current weather condition.

From other members' experience, the naturalization certificate, if the decision is approval, may faster arrive at the local registration office. I managed to call them but I was told to wait for the decision letter then to book the ceremony. Though, the good sign during the call is that I initially told the lady my surname while at the end of the call she mentioned my first name, which looks as if she was holding something about me... Finger crossed!

Kind Regards!

ukpl

Re: Ceremony

Post by ukpl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:24 pm

Muz wrote:I was surprised before the ceremony I was asked to produce a 2nd letter from the home Office. I was not aware there was a second letter needed, luckily for me, it arrived yesterday hours before the ceremony. The lady at the registrars office said, had i failed to produce the letter, she would have had to ask the Home office to fax it to her whilst I waited to take the oath.

The two letters I received from Home Office are as follows:
1) Letter notifying successs of application with original documents returned.
2) Letter of approval

Hence I have made some changes to the timeline as follows:
I am still waiting for the 2nd letter from HO.
Approval letter received on 10th Dec.
Is the 2nd letter only relevant to Postal applications?
Could have attended ceremony today but without 2nd letter I have opted for 4th January 2011. Hope the 2nd letter will materialise before then.