ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IPS called and I dont feel good about it

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wgoonw
Newly Registered

IPS called and I dont feel good about it

Post by wgoonw » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:32 am

Oh back to the old place-"the life saver forum".

I applied for my first adult passport via check and send on the 6th December and am looking forward to received it before the 23th, the date I'm going to holiday.

I have been phoning IPS since monday and was told my application is still being examinated. Yesterday I called again and spoke to a friendly lady who said she'd send a note the person who deals with my application. Then later I got a phone call from a lady, who deals with my application, she was telling me that my application could take up to 6 weeks! She sounded sevious and surely was being annoyed.

Now I know I shouldnt have called too many times. Should I call again and apologise to her? I'm getting worried that she probably will keep me waiting for 6 weeks! Then I'll have to get my trip cancelled! So everyone remember to be patient!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am

When to apply wrote:If you are applying for your first adult passport, you should apply at least six weeks before you want to travel. You can't use the Fast Track one-week or Premium one-day services. This is because, as well as completing the form, you need to have an interview as part of the application process. The Identity and Passport Service (IPS) will contact you to arrange an interview after they have received and checked your application.

regards