ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

proof of finances for unmarried partner visa - contracters

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

browneyed_girlksk
Newly Registered

proof of finances for unmarried partner visa - contracters

Post by browneyed_girlksk » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:03 pm

Does anyone know the best way to prove funds/ability to support oneself for a partner visa? I am a student and my partner is a contracter (he issues invoices to his employer that are payable to his Ltd company, and then draws a salary and occasional dividends from his company bank account; therefore, I'm pretty sure he can't provide personal payslips). What documents should we submit to satisfy the home office that we can support ourselves?

Also, we want to apply via the unmarried partner route. We have tons of documents confirming us at the same address - however, my partner's Ltd company is registered at his parents address (where he lived when he set it up - his mom is the company secretary and still lives there). If we have to submit company bank statements/documents to prove our finances - will the different addresses be an issue? Certainly UKBA must understand that companies may be registered to an office address as opposed to a personal address.

Any help is appreciated!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:19 pm

Two years certified accounts should suffice for you in this case.The business address or trading name is irrelevant to the application