ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

pls advic-tier 1 (general)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dreamgirl
Newly Registered

pls advic-tier 1 (general)

Post by dreamgirl » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:45 pm

my husband is on student dependant . he is on a salary of 25000 per annum he started doing second job in may and received cheques from the company on the behalf of the job uptill now he has received approx cheqes of £ 15000 now in future that in next 3 months he is expected to get the same amt as it is accounting year end and he is due for all his payments. he is not yet registered as self employed and he is thinking of applying for tier 1 in march 1st week when he will complete his income what sstep should i take as of now. Should i open a business account or should i be self employed exactly what do i do? we are stuck? Is is not too late to open bus. account? and one more thing the cheques that we are receiving are from companies. pls suggest what do we do? and what are other docuents that we would need to submit and what is maintenance fund. pls help

digitalrev

Post by digitalrev » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:51 pm

I think still he can register for the self employed for back date . just tell 'em wot date he started doing self employed work .

silverline

Post by silverline » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:43 am

You need to:

1. register as self-employed ASAP
2. Prepare business accounts.
3. Pay 2010/11 tax payment on a/c (as applicable) by Jan 11 end.

blue.olive

Post by blue.olive » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:06 am

silverline wrote:You need to:

2. Prepare business accounts. Get it certified from an accountant.
4. Proof of NI payment is required now by HO with Self employment income
5. Open Business account with bank and look at the list of additional doc required by HO with Self Employment income
[/b]

dreamgirl
Newly Registered

Post by dreamgirl » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:37 am

digitalrev wrote:I think still he can register for the self employed for back date . just tell 'em wot date he started doing self employed work .
someone told me to open a bus. a/c and pay emp liability ins is that sufficient or still i have to be self emp he started in may

dreamgirl
Newly Registered

Post by dreamgirl » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:40 am

blue.olive wrote:
silverline wrote:You need to:

2. Prepare business accounts. Get it certified from an accountant.
4. Proof of NI payment is required now by HO with Self employment income
5. Open Business account with bank and look at the list of additional doc required by HO with Self Employment income
[/b]
i have booked an appointment for bus a/c i registered the co and i am looking for emp lia ins do i still have to register as self emp i will get my accounts done from accountant but is there anything that i have to do now for file submission in march