ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is IELTS required when Point calculator gives me 10 points?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amvyas82
Newly Registered

Is IELTS required when Point calculator gives me 10 points?

Post by amvyas82 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Hi All

I am from India.

1. Am I required to have IELTS score if the point calculator recognizes my degree and gives me 10 points for English?

2. If points calculator recognizes my degree, does it mean that my degree is recognized by NARIC as UK Equivalent and also taught in English?

The link http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#21982072 says :

If you took your degree in another country, we will rely on an academic database known as UK NARIC (the National Academic Recognition Information Centre) to advise us on whether the degree was taught to the standard of English equivalent to level C1 on the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of Reference for Languages Learning Teaching Assessment (CEFR). You must provide evidence that you hold a degree which is equivalent to UK Bachelors level or higher and which was taught in English as evidence of your English language ability. You should provide the original certificate showing:
your name;
the title of the award;
the date of the award;
the name of the awarding institution.

3. Do I need to get NARIC letter or I just need to give my Degree and they will do the comparison/ validation with NARIC database on their own? I am Engineer from Gujarat University.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:20 pm

No
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

amvyas82
Newly Registered

Post by amvyas82 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:10 am

Could you please confirm for which Question the answer is 'No'?

silverTR
Norway

Post by silverTR » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:12 am

all of them