ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 queries

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

la
Member of Standing

Tier 4 queries

Post by la » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:58 pm

Suppose my wife got tier4 student visa but for what ever the reason she has not joined that college/university. shall we get paid money from the college

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Suppose my wife got tier4 student visa but

Post by ElenaW » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:42 pm

la wrote:for what ever the reason she has not joined that college/university. shall we get paid money from the college
So she never went to class at all?

It depends on the refund policy at the university.
I tell it like it is.

Mela

Re: Suppose my wife got tier4 student visa but

Post by Mela » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:11 am

la wrote:for what ever the reason she has not joined that college/university. shall we get paid money from the college
If you provide more details on the matter then members can advice.

In most cases with academic institution, a fee is non-refundable after commencemnet of the study.

As ElenaW suggest check with institution, as conditions can vary from place to place...

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:47 pm

You must have very strong reasons to do that.

Normally, on Tier 4 student category, if you got visa on a college CAS and then apply for refund of fee which means you are not going to attend classes. College will inform UKBA immediately to terminat your sponsorship and your visa will be cancelled by UKBA and you have to leave the country at your earliest or you are illegle migrant here and may be deport by UKBA with further entry bans.

And don't ever think you can get refund of fee after visa from a college or university without the help of good lawyer, even you have strong reasons to do so!
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************