ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qualifying residential period for settlement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

talentedWE

Post by talentedWE » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:54 pm

I have query. I came to UK on 7th Feb 2010 on Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) and then changed my visa status to Tier 1(G) on 14th July 2010.

I will get extension on 14th july 2012 till 14th July 2015.

So when will my 5 year residence condition fulfills on 7th Feb 2015 or 14th July 2015. Will my Tier 2 period will be considered as resident status.

The applicant must have spent a continuous period of five years lawfully in the United Kingdom, of which the most recent period must have been spent with permission to stay as a Tier 1 (General) migrant. The rest of this period may be made up of permission to stay as:
Tier 1 (General) Migrant; •
Tier 2 (General) Migrant, a Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) Migrant or a Tier • 2 (Sportsperson) Migrant,
Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant, provided the continuous • period of 5 years spent lawfully in the UK includes a period of leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant granted under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010,
Highly Skilled Migrant Programme participant;•
Work Permit Holder;•
Innovator;•
Self-Employed Lawyer; •
Writer, Composer or Artist. •
Full requirements for a grant of indefinite leave to remain under Tier 1 (General) may be found at paragraph 245E of the Immigration Rules.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Your qualifying residential period started from 7th Feb 2010.

regards