ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entering UK with Cert of Naturalisation on Non-UK passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nangvil

Entering UK with Cert of Naturalisation on Non-UK passport

Post by nangvil » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:32 pm

As a holder of British and non-british passport(which doesn't allow dual nationality), am I allowed to arrive back at UK airport with my non-british passport and certificate of naturalisation?

Or should I use the ILR at my old non-british passport?

Opinions appreciated.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:44 am

If you are a "holder of a British passport", what's your problem? Present it on arrival in the UK.

ILR doesn't apply to you any more. As a British citizen you have "Right of Abode" and no longer require "Leave to Remain" of any sort.

If, contrary to what your opening sentence implies, you don't have a British passport, the 1971 Act (S3(9))says you may prove your right of abode with a Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode, but that's not the same as a Certificate of Naturalisation. Get yourself a British Passport, or a Cert of Entitlement in your foreign passport.

nangvil

Post by nangvil » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:42 pm

I don't want to bring along my british passport when I travel to my other country which doesn't allow dual citizenship.

I've heard of folks who travel back to UK using their non british passport with ILR stamp and even produced their cert of registration.

Just wondered if anyone else had such experience?

Comments from moderators appreciated.