ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification on Maintenance fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anversha
Newly Registered

Clarification on Maintenance fund

Post by Anversha » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:51 am

Hi Experts,

Can you give the clarification on below query.I am applying for Tier1 visa from Saudi arabia.I need to show the maintenance fund for myself and my dependents’.

But the money is in my Indian NRI account. Can I show the NRI bank statements as proof for the same or is it mandatory that I need show the local saudi bank statement as proof since I am applying from KSA.

Please guide me.

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Re: Clarification on Maintenance fund

Post by gregshukla » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:00 pm

Anversha wrote:Hi Experts,

Can you give the clarification on below query.I am applying for Tier1 visa from Saudi arabia.I need to show the maintenance fund for myself and my dependents’.

But the money is in my Indian NRI account. Can I show the NRI bank statements as proof for the same or is it mandatory that I need show the local saudi bank statement as proof since I am applying from KSA.

Please guide me.
As long as funds were withdrawable anytime, NRI account statement should be fine.

Anversha
Newly Registered

Post by Anversha » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:10 am

The above question i asked to VFS here. Please find the reply i received.

"Your Indian bank statement will be not valid any more as long as the money has transferred from Saudi Arabia. You should provide the required amount in your local bank account. "

Can any one guide me on this.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:07 pm

As per the VFS website:
VFS Global and its staff cannot give you advice on how to complete your application, or what type of visa you should apply for. If you need help with your application or advice about the UK's immigration rules and requirements, you should seek advice from a qualified immigration adviser. In the UK immigration advisers regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC - www.oisc.gov.uk).