ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent guidance please on Tier 1 - Dependent VISA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashleo
Newly Registered

Urgent guidance please on Tier 1 - Dependent VISA

Post by ashleo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:26 pm

Hi there,

I have got a urgent query regarding TIER - 1 dependent visa. I am currently residing in UK under tier 1 general visa (valid until 2012) and now in the process of applying dependent visa for my wife in India. As one of the application requirement, I need to submit my 3 months bank statement showing availability of funds. I have taken the online print-out's of my bank statement from bank website but the bank have refused to certify/authorize the copy due to internal security policy. I have spoken to my work company HR and they are ready to certify the statement copy with co. seal, signature of HR authorized person and a letter on co. letterhead stating the certification. Could someone please advise if the statement certified by my co. would be an acceptable form of document for the VISA? The statements are showing sufficient maintenance funds.

Apart from the above, I am also submitting my original salary slips for 6 months showing net earning per month of GBP 3,000 and an ISA cash investment certificate (Bank's original copy) of GBP 5,100 (in there for more then 3 months) which is readily realizable.

Your early help and advise is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in Advance
Ash

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:30 pm

you need to go to bank and ask for your statement for last 3 months. They might charge you a fiver or so but they will be on bank's letterhead which are acceptable by HO. Do not use the online printouts if the bank isn't willing to authorize them.

hope this helps.

ashleo
Newly Registered

Post by ashleo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:57 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for the response. I had been to the branch but they are unwilling to print documents at any cost. I had ordered the statement online about a week ago but they have only send the docs. until the month of October. Statement for the month of Nov. and Dec. are missing.

Would my payslip and ISA certificate not enough for the available fund confirmation??

Thanks
Ash

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:36 pm

which bank is it? if you go in to branch and ask them you want Statements for so and so month, they are legally bound to print them off for you even if they have to charge you. I am with Alliance n Leicester and I went into branch and they told me they will charge me a fiver and post the docs which they did.

be a bit hard on them

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Post by gregshukla » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:54 pm

ashleo wrote:Hi,

Would my payslip and ISA certificate not enough for the available fund confirmation??

Thanks
Ash
No, maintenance proof has to come from bank. Having payslips is in no way connected to showing maintenance for last 3 months.

Which bank do you have your account with?