ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Time Awaiting Mail - Please Help.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Keshav

Long Time Awaiting Mail - Please Help.

Post by Keshav » Wed May 17, 2006 8:58 am

After follow-up of completing 12 weeks, I got response of my mail from HSMP Team that decision has been made and forwarded on 21 March 2006. I am out country applicant (Nepal). I had got my ref number mentioning 14 March 2006 that means my case was decided within 7 days. It is now nearly 8 weeks passed but I have not received my documents and decision yet. How long the UK mail take to reach Nepal, can someone have idea? I am bit worried.

Besides, why the HSMP team not wrote whether the decision is favourable or not. Senior Members, Moderators, please guide and help me. I have asked futher queries to HO today but I feel they reply very late or sometimes do not reply.
....tough times never last,
but tough people do....

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Wed May 17, 2006 11:07 am

It does not take more than 1-2 weeks that decision from HSMP team reaches back in Pakistan. Eight weeks is quite a lot of time. I guess, something has gone wrong somewhere with your application. You better call HSMP team by phone and enquire about your application that you have not received your documents back!

They will let you know on phone if the decision is favourable or not. You can also email about the dealy in the post but HSMP will not let you know about the decision through email.

Hope this helps.

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Wed May 17, 2006 12:22 pm

Sohail,

Thanx for repley. Yes, I got my reference number within two weeks. Now I am much worried. I am going to call HO today.

In the meantime, can anyone suggest me is there any mechanism to track the mail either in Nepal or UK? It will be great help for me.
but tough people do....

Rex

Post by Rex » Wed May 17, 2006 1:41 pm

You must try to find the decision soon as you have couple of weeks left to apply for EC.

alisondc

Post by alisondc » Wed May 17, 2006 2:18 pm

Keshav,

Definitely give the Home Office a call and see if they would be able to inform you over the phone or at least send you a copy of the letter. At least that way you would be able to apply for EC.

-alisondc

desiguy

Post by desiguy » Wed May 17, 2006 4:48 pm

alisondc wrote:Keshav,

Definitely give the Home Office a call and see if they would be able to inform you over the phone or at least send you a copy of the letter. At least that way you would be able to apply for EC.

-alisondc
it would be difficult to 'successfully' apply for EC without the original supporting documentation.

when you call the HO, also ask them what your next steps should be in such a case.
If I were you, my priority would be
1) track original docs and have them in possession
2) figure out getting the EC
3) figure out coming to UK

Ask the HO specific questions and make notes of them. Also search the board for lost documents.

Not trying to scare you but with the recent happenings in Nepal, you should be prepared to deal with the worst, but don't loose hope for the best.

Good Luck

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Thu May 18, 2006 4:40 am

Dear all,

I am really grateful to all of you. You all are so helpful. Yesterday, I called to HO and get shocked. They asked my reference number, my name but they denied to tell me whether it is approval or rejection. I requested them that quite substantial time is already elapsed and even I have not received my documents back. They told me to send e-mail and they will repley within 48 hours. I already mailed them yesterday.

I am really shocked why they dis so. I am planning to send urgent fax with my details of problem. Will it work?

What could be the best way, the time is running out. Please help.
but tough people do....

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Thu May 18, 2006 8:09 am

"Also search the board for lost documents."

How this searching the board for lost documents? Kindly elaborate more for my guidance.
but tough people do....

Cool

Post by Cool » Thu May 18, 2006 8:40 am

Keshav wrote:"Also search the board for lost documents."

How this searching the board for lost documents? Kindly elaborate more for my guidance.
It means you should:
*click on the search button in the upper part of this webpage
*type lost documents as your keyword
*in the forum field choose hsmp
*click on search and
*read up all the topics that show up.

That will give you a lot of information on how people whose documents have been 'lost' handled the situation.

All the best.

Cool

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Fri May 19, 2006 3:44 am

I am searching lost document history posted from long before on this board. A quite painful process to know the worst experiences. :cry:

Could I have managed to pick up my documents by DHL. I thought UK postal system might be excellent one. :cry:

I contacted my post office at Nepal. They informed me that if that is registered post, it can be tracked. If it is ordinary one, it may take two three months to reach in Nepal. Can someone tell me does HO sends back documents by registered post? :?

What happens if it took long time to arrive or lost, and if it is a approval case, it will expire? :shock: In how long time? Shall I write urgent application and fax to HO, requesting the mail tracking number or anything clue that could be helpful for tracking?
but tough people do....

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Fri May 19, 2006 9:36 am

Just received a mail from HO as below :

Dear Applicant

A decision was made regarding your review for the Highly Skilled Migrant
Programme on the 21/03/06. Your decision letter was despatched to you via
Airmail. Please note that post sent overseas can take up to 12 weeks to
reach its destination and there is no way of tracking its progress once it
has left our offices.

Unfortunately, we are unable to inform you of our decision via e-mail. If
you have not received your documents or decision letter 12 weeks from the
above date, then feel free to contact the HSMP team on 0114 207 6020.

Kind Regards

HSMP

Seems no alternative other than waiting.... till 21 June 06. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by Keshav on Sun May 21, 2006 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
but tough people do....

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Sun May 21, 2006 1:27 pm

From searching in this web site, I came to know that HO sends sometime by trackable post and and sometime via ordinary Air mail. Why so?
but tough people do....

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Sun May 21, 2006 1:32 pm

They use Recorded Delivery when delivering in the UK, when sending overseas they use ordinary air mail.
________
Washington Medical Marijuana
Last edited by WoodieG on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Sun May 21, 2006 2:12 pm

The ordinary air mail has no tracking number or proof of taking charge of mail by the post? If so, how the delivery can be ensured, in lost cases, whose responsibility counts then?
but tough people do....

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Sun May 21, 2006 2:48 pm

The HO aren't very helpful in these situations, once they've posted it they cease caring about it.
________
MARIJUANA CARD
Last edited by WoodieG on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Mon May 22, 2006 3:27 am

WoodieG wrote:The HO aren't very helpful in these situations, once they've posted it they cease caring about it.
I am still surprised how HO can dilute their credibility just because of matter of mailing. :? The world admires the British way, especially the administrative work. :?
but tough people do....