ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email from British Embassy, Advice Please!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aak2010
Newly Registered

Email from British Embassy, Advice Please!!

Post by aak2010 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:32 pm

My husband is applying for spouse visa (settlement) and we received the following email from the embassy:

"Please be advised that an Entry Clearance Officer has reviewed your application. The Entry Clearance Officer has assessed that your application must be deferred in order to make further checks. "

Just wondering if anyone has had the same experience and how long it took them to make a decision?

Thanks for your feedback.
Last edited by aak2010 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:16 pm

If an applicant has an Immigration history which necessitates further checks then the visa application will be deferred while these are carried out. The delay in making the final decision depends very much on what checks need to be made and how quickly they are able to clarify the points which are under scrutiny.

aak2010
Newly Registered

Post by aak2010 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Casa wrote:If an applicant has an Immigration history which necessitates further checks then the visa application will be deferred while these are carried out. The delay in making the final decision depends very much on what checks need to be made and how quickly they are able to clarify the points which are under scrutiny.
Thank you for your prompt response. The weird thing is that I have no immigration history whatsoever. Plus, I have never been to the UK before. It really bugs me to know what kinda checks they are doing!!!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:13 pm

Now I'm confused. You say "My husband is applying for spouse visa (settlement)" and now post that you have never been to the UK.
Where are you currently resident? Canada?
Your husband. Does he have any 'immigration history'?

aak2010
Newly Registered

Post by aak2010 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:48 pm

Casa wrote:Now I'm confused. You say "My husband is applying for spouse visa (settlement)" and now post that you have never been to the UK.
Where are you currently resident? Canada?
Your husband. Does he have any 'immigration history'?
Sorry for confusion. My wife wrote the first post. Anyways, both of us live in Canada, and my wife was only born in the UK and then moved here. Now we are trying to move to the UK for good. Hopefully that helps.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:23 am

It's possible that your wife hasn't submitted sufficient evidence that you will be able to support yourselves financially or have adequate accommodation on arrival in the UK. If she has provided evidence of a job offer they may well be making checks to confirm validity. One can only guess what further checks are being made to cause the deferral, particularly as you've provided minimal information regarding your application.