ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gul
Newly Registered

IELTS

Post by Gul » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:48 am

Hi
I am planning to apply for FSW in few weeks.

while going through the application, i found that now copy of ielts result is required with initial application. is that right ??????

please help .... thank you :D

pakhal123
Newly Registered

Post by pakhal123 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:57 am

under the new rule.. yes.

flyingpigs
Newly Registered

Changes to Language Requirement

Post by flyingpigs » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 am

Starting from April 2010, all applicants in Skilled Immigrants and Canadian Experience Classes have to take a language test to proof their proficiency in English or French. Details can be found here:
http://www.canadianimmigrant.ca/newsand ... ticle/7323

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: Changes to Language Requirement

Post by raymasa2 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:40 pm

flyingpigs wrote:Starting from April 2010, all applicants in Skilled Immigrants and Canadian Experience Classes have to take a language test to proof their proficiency in English or French. Details can be found here:
http://www.canadianimmigrant.ca/newsand ... ticle/7323
Best to get details directly from the official government website at:

http://www.cic.gc.ca

Instead of relying on consultants' websites.

Ray

Karine
Newly Registered

IELTS

Post by Karine » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Hi – I am a long time reader but a first time poster. Thank you so much for all of the information – it has really helped me in understanding this whole immigration process a little better.

I just wanted to share with everyone what I did to get a 7 on the IELTS test. I found this Canadian site that offers live prep for people studying the IELTS. They were great – my first score was a 5 and I was seriously discouraged about not being able to get that 7 that I needed – but after about a month of intensive practice with TalktoCanada my IELTS mark went way up.

If anyone is having problems with getting a 7 – I recommend talking with TalktoCanada – the live help really helped me see where I was having problems and what I could do to improve it. Plus they are Canadian!

Good Luck to you all in this long immigration process!

russ13
Newly Registered

Post by russ13 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:27 am

Thanks for sharing those links. They are very helpful for aspiring immigrants like me. I would like to know if the IELTS exam for US can also be used for a Canadian Visa? I already took the exam and I am just waiting for the results. If I pass the exam and consider working in Canada rather than the US should I take the same exam again or would they honor it already?

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:24 am

russ13 wrote:Thanks for sharing those links. They are very helpful for aspiring immigrants like me. I would like to know if the IELTS exam for US can also be used for a Canadian Visa? I already took the exam and I am just waiting for the results. If I pass the exam and consider working in Canada rather than the US should I take the same exam again or would they honor it already?
IELTS results for Canadian immigration are valid as long as they are within 1 year of immigration application.

Ray

landever
Newly Registered

In Uk

Post by landever » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:01 am

I have studied a Masters degree from UK and studying in UK from last 2 years, Do I have to take ILETS or would I be consider exempt from this.
If yes do I have to take Academic or General.

thanks

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: In Uk

Post by raymasa2 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:24 am

landever wrote:I have studied a Masters degree from UK and studying in UK from last 2 years, Do I have to take ILETS or would I be consider exempt from this.
If yes do I have to take Academic or General.

thanks
You have to take IELTS, no one is except from that anymore. You need General IELTS.

Ray

landever
Newly Registered

Post by landever » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:16 pm

Thank you So much Ray for your feed back.

I have done some information hunt on this and found the best and quickest way is an arrange employment. It may be a silly question buy can you please guide how should I find arrange employment, I went on a career website of Canada but most companies of course want their vacancies to be filled either immediately or very near soon. How can a company give a job on a condition that if you get visa you may come to work, and visa processing time if not less at least take well good over one year.

your guidance is much appreciated...

thanks,
Landever

landever
Newly Registered

Post by landever » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:17 pm

sorry if the same msg is still appearing twice

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:25 pm

landever wrote:Thank you So much Ray for your feed back.

I have done some information hunt on this and found the best and quickest way is an arrange employment. It may be a silly question buy can you please guide how should I find arrange employment, I went on a career website of Canada but most companies of course want their vacancies to be filled either immediately or very near soon. How can a company give a job on a condition that if you get visa you may come to work, and visa processing time if not less at least take well good over one year.

your guidance is much appreciated...

thanks,
Landever
The reason why it’s the quickest way is to allow employers to hire people from outside the country for which they cannot find a suitable candidate within the country. If you have skills that are in demand, but not enough qualified employees in Canada, you stand a chance. For example, nursing profession.

Otherwise, it would be much harder to find a job, especially if you are not in Canada. Getting hired without a face to face interview is possible in situations where the employers are desperate for the skilled employees. In this economy there are more people looking for jobs than there are employers.

Also, keep in mind that besides the issue you pointed out to (employers needing to hire someone right away), there is also an added issue that employers first need permission from the Canadian government to hire you (if you are not already allowed to work in Canada). This process is neither quick nor cheap. Most employers may not want the hassle or even know how to go about getting permission. However, most big companies probably have experienced HR people who know how to do this.

If you believe you have the skills companies are desperate for, you may want to make a list of potential companies and approach them. You probably would want to approach companies who would be interested in a) hiring you b) waiting for your visa to come through c) know how to get permission to hire you and d) want to spend time and money to get that permission.

Regards,

Ray

landever
Newly Registered

Post by landever » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:42 pm

Thank you so much Ray :-)