ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1 week Overstay urgent help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nick47
Newly Registered

1 week Overstay urgent help

Post by Nick47 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:58 pm

first of all thanks this board is amazing.my problem is that i am overstay by 1 week now(visa not tier 4).my fund mant is ok for 28 days(from today to 28 days back).my course start date is not more than 1 month before my leave expire.so it is ok.what will u say should i apply for tier 4 to extend my stay or need to go bak to my country?and if i apply here dn is there any risk in it?.thanks in advance and will do later as well :).it is urgent!!!

raiisaj
Newly Registered

Post by raiisaj » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:02 am

http://www.ecademy.com/module.php?mod=list&lid=94394

This type of case wouldnt have been an issue during the Labour Govt, as long as ure a still attending ur classes and paying ur school dues; but with this govt all seems diff so i will advise you to get a real immigration officer's advise but on the other hand i will advise you put in ur application ASAP say tomorrow...the more u stay without visa the more difficult it becomes

raiisaj
Newly Registered

Post by raiisaj » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:11 am

forgot to mention, students are allowed to stay in the counrty for 4months after the duration of their course provided the course just completed was longer tha 12 months...so in that sense ure not an illegal immigrant yet. But with this govt nothing can certain.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:08 am

raiisaj wrote:forgot to mention, students are allowed to stay in the counrty for 4months after the duration of their course provided the course just completed was longer tha 12 months...
One can stay in the UK only until their leave to enter / remain is valid. Beyond that, one becomes an overstayer.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nick47
Newly Registered

hi

Post by Nick47 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:22 am

sushdmehta wrote:One can stay in the UK only until their leave to enter / remain is valid. Beyond that, one becomes an overstayer.

regards
what should i do plz help me give me your honest opinion.
thanx

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:31 am

If you are an overstayer then you cannot apply for leave to remain in the UK as a Tier 4 (General) migrant. Return to home country within 28 days (expiry of visa) and apply for entry clearance as Tier 4 migrant.

regards

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:50 pm

Don't even try to apply! No chances at all!

They will not only refuse your application. They may treat you as an immigration offender as you have breached your condition to stay in UK (actually you are illegal person in UK at the moment) and put ban on your futher entry to UK from 1 to 10 years.

So, its too late to wake up now. You need to go to your home country and apply for an entry clearance.

Further, if you overstay for 29 days and left UK on your own expenses, 1-year automatic re-entry ban will be enforced on all your future applications!

Furthermore, if UKBA catches you somewhere in UK, even before 28 days, they may put you in prison for 6-months then deport you to your home country and 10-years automatic re-entry ban will be enforced on all your future applications!

I am not trying to make you scared. I just told you whatever happened with many peoples!
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

Nick47
Newly Registered

thnx

Post by Nick47 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:27 pm

kkj wrote:Don't even try to apply! No chances at all!

They will not only refuse your application. They may treat you as an immigration offender as you have breached your condition to stay in UK (actually you are illegal person in UK at the moment) and put ban on your futher entry to UK from 1 to 10 years.

So, its too late to wake up now. You need to go to your home country and apply for an entry clearance.

Further, if you overstay for 29 days and left UK on your own expenses, 1-year automatic re-entry ban will be enforced on all your future applications!

Furthermore, if UKBA catches you somewhere in UK, even before 28 days, they may put you in prison for 6-months then deport you to your home country and 10-years automatic re-entry ban will be enforced on all your future applications!

I am not trying to make you scared. I just told you whatever happened with many peoples!
i know you are not trying to make me scared.thnx brv but b honest i am scared lolzz.well best thing is to go bak and apply again.thnx all.any other advice is welcome.thnx 1nce again all of u.

1 more thing wat happn wd this guy.any1 like to commnt.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=63699

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:28 am

I think that it may be possible for certain overstayers to apply if they satisfy all the requirements of 245ZX.
245ZX wrote:(b) The applicant must have, or have last been granted, entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain:

(i) as a Tier 4 (General) Student,
However, if refused, then there is no right of appeal. Moreover, if they overstay by more than 28 days, then they may face an automatic re-entry ban.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

chinagef

Post by chinagef » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:04 pm

vinny wrote:I think that it may be possible for certain overstayers to apply if they satisfy all the requirements of 245ZX.
245ZX wrote:(b) The applicant must have, or have last been granted, entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain:

(i) as a Tier 4 (General) Student,
However, if refused, then there is no right of appeal. Moreover, if they overstay by more than 28 days, then they may face an automatic re-entry ban.
That is true - you can apply for leave to remain as long as you were last granted permission to enter the UK.