ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

position of spouse

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bas
Newly Registered

position of spouse

Post by bas » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:16 am

Is it necessary that spouse should accompany while landing in Uk?(if I have scored points for my wife). Is there time limit for the spouse to enter Uk before the expiry of one year of HSMP at the time of renewal?

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:45 am

If you have claimed points for your spouse then she has to accompany you when you land at UK
Mini

bas
Newly Registered

position of spouse

Post by bas » Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:11 am

The difficulty in my case is that my daughter is studying and I cannot disturb her in the middle of the academic year. What is the academic year in UK for the middle school admission?

Jai Jawan
Newly Registered

Post by Jai Jawan » Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:24 am

I have claimed points for my Spouse..IS it necessary that I apply for her Visa with me as well....I would like to delay it by 2 mths....The approval letter does not mention any thg on the break up of points. Pls suggest

ChandraSP

Post by ChandraSP » Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:42 am

Can anyone confirm this?

I thought it is not must that, the spouse should accompany the applicant. Apart from claiming the points, it is just like another dependent Visa for the spouse.

Mini, Please share your opinion in detail.

Thnaks
Puti

Petr Ivanov
Newly Registered

Post by Petr Ivanov » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:56 am

Mini wrote:If you have claimed points for your spouse then she has to accompany you when you land at UK
I do not think so.. Spouse can arrive later.

Best way - request for this HSMP team.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:05 am

Well there does'nt seem to be any written word on this situation. What ive heard/read is that considering you claim 10 points for your spouse, he/she should be accompanying you else it would be a kind of cheating. However, the guidance notes say the foll:

8.6.5 Your spouse or partner must accompany or join you in the UK. In addition your spouse or partner must not already have been granted settlement (permanent residence) in the UK.

The use of the word JOIN may give you all some hope. I think this would be better addressed by the local british embassies.

What is more important to find out here is what impact(if any) will late joining of spouse have during the extention of Leave to remain application at the end of 12months.
Mini

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:44 pm

My spouse joined after I landed, It was not a problem. They did ask him a lot of questions at the airport but not necessarily about me or his visa.
'In everything give thanks'

bas
Newly Registered

position of spouse

Post by bas » Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:50 am

Is there a fixed period as to when the spouse should join?

bas
Newly Registered

position of spouse

Post by bas » Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:51 am

Is there a fixed period as to when the spouse should join?

gunjans

Post by gunjans » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:05 am

Though this is old topic in this Forum...... but i am using it to save common sort of conversations instead of adding same kind of new topics

From the above discussion i understand that (When Spouse's 10 points are claimed)…
Spouse can come to UK later also after his/her spouse (HSMP approved) has landed in UK
Now, my question is that...
1. What is the maximum time gap between the partners to land in UK?
2. Is it necessary for both of them to apply for EC at the same time?
3. If the spouse can apply later then what is the validity for spouse's Visa.

The only point for raising these questions is that if both of them reach simultaneously to UK leaving their jobs in home country then it is difficult to sustain. I think it is wise that one will go first; gets job, settle down and call the spouse.

I think members in this forum find my Q's genuine and answer wisely.

baskey

Post by baskey » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:34 am

Hi,

I am also curious to know about spouse joining the HSMP holder. My wife and me got the same time EC but entered different months. She faced no problem in the airport. She visited UK 2 times sofar and during extension she cann't be with me as extension takes longer time. Presently she works in Germany. I am going to apply HSMP extension for me only. Will it cause any problem???.

Whether anyone had similar experience, please share here.

Regards