ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal - Tier 1 General

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chintuz
Newly Registered

Appeal - Tier 1 General

Post by chintuz » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi

I applied for Tier 1 general on 24th October 2010.

My previous earnings came from employed and self employment sources.

I was contacted by case worker on 22nd November 2010 asking me to provide additional proof of me being self employed. I had already submitted by UTR number by HMRC confirming I was self employed. As an additional proof they asked me to provided my Tax return (forms SA300 and SA302). At this time i was not due to file my tax return as the deadline is 31st Jan 2011 but I submitted my tax return online and produced SA100 which clearly shows my earnings for the period and tax payable on 31st Jan 2011.

I was later issued with SA300 from HMRC on 6th December 2010 which I received on 14th December 2010. SA302 is available only on request to individuals who file tax return online. I will request my SA302 on Monday 20th December 2010.

On 17th December 2010, i received refusal letter from home office stating the proof of employment SA100 is not acceptable as a proof of self employment.

I am given right of appeal and now i am wondering, can if I produce SA300 and SA302, do i have the grounds to win my appeal. I stress, SA300 and SA302 couldn't have been produced before due to the timings of Tax return.

Please advise me how to proceed.

Many Thanks

leo101
Newly Registered

Re: Appeal - Tier 1 General

Post by leo101 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:36 am

appeal against them. I did and won it took 2 min in tribunal before judge said enough. U can use additional new document to support ur appeal. If u can afford see a good lawyer GOOD LUCK