ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need some advice

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Goljsin
Newly Registered

Need some advice

Post by Goljsin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:25 pm

Hey guys, thought I would post here because I am not sure where else to post so I hope you can help me. I am a british citizen born in England and lived there all my life up until April of this year. I moved to Denmark to live with my girlfriend who is a Danish (EEA) citizen. She Is pregnant with my child and we are looking to move to England. The baby will hopefully be born in England making her the mother of a British citizen but does anyone know if this entitles her to stay? What route should we go down for getting her citizenship? My main concern is whether or not she will be entitled to NHS healthcare during and after the birth of our child and whether both she and the baby will be entitled to live in the UK even if she is not employed (as she will be at home with the child for at least the first year).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:31 am

EEA Citizens have the same rights to live and work in the UK that you exercised when you went to Denmark.
Look at this page for advice about her rights in the UK:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by toni34 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:02 pm

if you marry her it will cut down the time for to get british passport
NON EU national with RC